Marcus Armstrong [3 & 7]

for: pathetvic

PROMPTS: [3] We propably shouldn't be doing this & [7] Can we do this again?

You and Marcus were sitting on the couch, some random movie playing from Netflix in the background, but your attention was mostly focused on the screen of your phone. Marcus didn't pay attention to the movie as well, though you were the reason for that. You knew each other since primary school. Your family had to move to New Zeland when you were six years old and it was hard for you to forget about your friends, abandon places you like to spent time with your parents. As you were lost in new big world Marcus took you under his wing and helped you through that difficult time. You were inseparable until Marcus left New Zeland to pursue his career as racing driver. You stayed in touch, but your relationship suffered due to distance. Both of you often wondered what would you be today if nothing changed.

This week and the next one you were spending with your friend in Maranello. Marcus invited you to Italy since he had to be present at Ferrari's factory during the day and Callum was visiting his family in Great Britain. For first few days when it wasn't raining Marcus was showing you around, but you often spent afternoons in the living room just like today. Marcus observed you from his side of the couch, his lips curling into a smile when some strands of your hair spilled from messy bun to your face as you were typing messages on the screen, your long eyelashes casting a shadow on your cheekbones. His heart clenched in his chest at the thought that you could be writting with a boy other than him. He cared about you big time, maybe even more than friend should. He didn't know how you feel about him after all those years and he was afraid to ask that question. The fact that he could hear the answer that wasn't consistent with his feelings was scaring him. He was scared of being hurt, so he played the type of guy that likes to be alone. "You're staring, Armstrong". You said still looking at the screen. Marcus turned his head away, pretending it wasn't true and that he was watching the movie. "What's up with you lately?". You asked next, putting your phone away on the coffee table. Marcus shrugged. "What do you mean?". He didn't look at you, but you noticed he was bitting on his nails. "Since I came here you stare at me when you think I'm not looking. You're making me breakfast every morning, though you might be late because of it. And when I mention some of my male friends you're expecting the worst from them". You explained with a sigh at the end. Marcus shook his head. "I'm sorry if it made you feel weird, but I didn't mean anything bad. I wanted you to feel like home". He replied briefly looking at you. "It's not weird. It's actually very sweet and kind of you. I just don't know the reason for your actions. I don't think I deserve such good care". You giggled. Marcus head shoot in your direction immediately. "Don't ever say that. You deserve the best in the world". His tone was serious, you've never heard it before. His behaviour concerned you, so you moved towards him. You sat right next to him in the way your bodies touched almost completely. You could feel how his muscles tensed when you rested your head on his arm. "Marcus". You rubbed his shoulders carefully.

He looked down at you, his brown eyes studying the features of your face thoroughly. He reached out his hand to caress your cheek, bringing his thumb over your cheekbone. He wanted to be in this moment forever, to be with you so close every day till death do you apart. You parted your lips at the feeling of his warm skin on yours and his heart skipped a beat. In rush of the moment Marcus leaned down, crashing your lips in passionate kiss. When you didn't pull away from him he deepened the kiss, while his hand grabbed your jaw. Taste of your lips was something he never tried before. Something sweet mixed with scents of your perfume, shampoo and shower gel. He licked your lower lip, savouring its taste on his tongue. When Marcus grew more confident he wanted to push you to the couch to explore your body, but you stopped him by putting your palms on his chest. You could feel his heart hammering as fast as yours, but you needed to drew a line before it'd be too late.

"We propably shouldn't be doing this". You breathed out. Marcus' heart sunk in his chest, feeling the weight falling down his stomach. "I knew you won't feel the same way". He chuckled. "Forgive me". "No, wait". You shook your head. "I do feel the same, but I'm afraid to get hurt". You confessed. Marcus blinked a couple of times, processing your words. "W-what? Why?". You gnawed on your lower lip still swollen from Marcus' kiss. "You often say you feel good on your own and that you like to be alone. You even mentioned that in Chasing the Dream. So, I thought that me and my feelings could be disturbing for you. I stayed quiet. I didn't want to ruin your career, you worked so hard for it. On the other I thought I might not be enough for... you know... a racing driver. They usually date models". Marcus opened his mouth in shock of what he has just heard. He realised how much time you both wasted on thinking that you know better instead just talk. "Y/N, you're everything I could ever dream of. My god! I love you. It's always been you. And the words I said... don't worry about them. I was afraid to get hurt too". Your eyes opened wider. You couldn't believe that he actually said that. It was changing everything, but for good. "Can we do this again?". You asked softly, your eyes fluttering a little. It took a second for Marcus to understand that you meant the kiss and he was beyond happy to repeat it with you until he can't feel his lips anymore.