Max Verstappen [5]

A/N: first one shot isn't requested, it's just an idea I had for some time and I wanted to share it with you :)

PROMPT: [5] I'm more than okay.

You were lucky enough to be able to accompany Max during 70th Anniversary Grand Prix in Silverstone during those crazy times. The pandemic forced all the fans to stay at home and watch the race on their tv screens. The stands were empty, only the wind was blowing between untaken places. It looked like a scene from horror movie, so you wraped your arms around yourself as you walked through the paddock towards Max's driver room. You wished to arrive here earlier with him, but you had some work to finish on your laptop before Monday, so you stayed in your shared hotel room to finish it. Nevertheless, you couldn't focus on your job. Max was in your head all the time. He seemed off the whole weekend. There was no fire in him, no willingess to fight. During lockdown he was so eager to reach for the first title in his career, but now he was making an impression like he was slowly giving up on his dreams. You worried about him. This wasn't Max you knew and loved. You hated the thought of him sitting alone in his driver room, so you turned off your laptop, got dressed and travelled to the circut as fast as you could.

Once you reached your destination, you walked by Alex's room, gazing briefly at the door, before entering Max's. The Dutch was sitting on a couch, looking miserable. He was starring on the floor with his arms down. The daily doze of merch was lying on his desk, already signed. You closed the door with a slight click, that's when he looked up at you. "I'm sorry, I thought it was Christian". You nodded, while taking your coat off. "Should I be jealous?". Small giggle escaped your lips, but he didn't even raise the corners of his lips. You approached him hesitantly, reaching your hand to caress his face, but Max managed to escape your touch. He got up from the couch, walking towards the closet. You made a thin line out of your lips, before sitting in his place. You observed him as he took some fireproof clothes and his Red Bull Racing suit. "Is something wrong, Max?". You finally asked, not standing that silence anymore. He looked at you, while taking his hat off. He tried to play it cool, as always. "No. I'm just focusing before the race". Max replied, taking off his navy blue Red Bull shirt. You felt the rush of heat inside your body, when you saw his perfectly sculpted body. You wish to marvel at him, but his body couldn't distract you now. Max had issues with expressing his feelings. No wonder after childhood he had, though you wished to learn him how to do it. You wanted to assure him that no matter what, you won't judge him for his feelings or mistakes. "I've known you for three years and I can tell it's bullshit". You stated harshly. Max sighned. The tone of your voice didn't give him much of a choice. He run his hand thorugh his hair and sat on a chair next to the desk. "I really thought I'll have a chance this year". He confessed. You smiled softy, knowing that he's talking about his chances for the first championship. "I was so ready. The car felt good. Everybody are trying so hard. I'm trying so hard, but I can't be as fast as I want to".

"Give yourself time. It's the beginning of the season. You have no idea what can happen along the way". You tried to cheer him up. He couldn't drive his car, while being in a mood like this. "Lewis already won three races. And there's Valterri right after him, with the same car". He shook his head. "Today is so special. I think the reason why I'm so stressed out and gloomy is that I really want to win this race". His lower lip trembled slightly at the end of the sentence. The sight of him as well as his words broke your heart, so you got up from the couch to sit on his lap and embrace his neck. Max buried his face in the crock of your neck, while you kissed his forehead. "I wish to stay in your arms baby girl, but I think it's time for me to get dressed". He said, his voice sounded not so hopeless anymore. You took his face in your hands to look into his gorgeous eyes, just to make sure. Then this idea appeared in your head. You reached around neck, unhooking the lock of your golden necklace with little heart, which was a gift from Max on your birthday. It kept brining you good luck every day. You took the delicate chain in your hands in order to hook it around Max's neck. The golden heart rested on his chest, exactly over his own heart. Max looked at you with confusion and adoration. "You give it back after you win this race". You said, brushing his blonde strands away from his forehead. "Are you okay now?". The Dutch smiled for the first time this weekend. "I'm more than okay". He said, feeling glad and reliefed to have such wonderful, caring woman by his side.