Lando Norris [11]

for: thexgirlxxx

PROMPT: [11] Is this how you really feel?

Lando stared at you with his green eyes as you were chewing on the pasta you ordered before. The restaurant he took you for a date was peaceful and quiet. You've lost count on how many dates you went already, but who needed numbers when Lando was the man who was making you happier than ever before in your entire life. Young driver also felt grateful for meeting you. His past relationship lasted short, because he was always busy. He wasn't able to give his full attention to his partner, so it was always easier to part ways and start with someone knew. And then you stepped into his life. He knew you were truly special from the first moment he laid his eyes on you, but he suspected this time won't be any different. You surprised him with your determination, devotion and most importantly, you were ready to wait for him. Something no one else beside his family was willing to do.

'What are you thinking about?". You asked, putting your cultery on the plate once you were full. Lando's eyes remained focused on you throughout this time. "You". He replied shortly. "Could you be more specific?". You giggled, connecting both of your hands with his over the white tablecloth. "You have no idea how happy I am to have you in my life". He confessed after a moment of silence. "Of course I know. You keep repeating that every time we're together. Not that I'm complaining or something". Lando chuckled. "Trust me, you know only a small glimpse of what I feel towards you. Not because I don't want to share it with you. It's just so hard to explain". He sighed. Lando wished to be better in expressing his emotions and feelings, but he wasn't as experienced as his friends or fellow Formula One drivers. "Can I say something?". Lando nodded. "I don't consider myself experienced when it comes to love or dating. What I do know is that sometimes words are not enough or they don't matter at all. A man or a woman who can speak beautiful things, but is unable to make them true is a liar, a fraud". You squeezed his hands reassuringly. "So don't worry about it". You added with a small blossoming on your face. Your cheeks turn slightly pink when you did that which caused Lando's heart to skip a beat. "Speaking about actions... I have something for you". He freed his hands from your embrace and reached out to the pocket of his blouse. You awaited with anticipation written all over your face. Finally, Lando pulled out a set of keys from his pocket and laid it on the table before you. "These are spare keys to my apartment. I want you to have them. I also want you to know that you can come over to my place whenever you feel like it or when you need some company".

You took the keys into your hand. They were a bit heavy, but that information wasn't relevant to you. Your lips parted, though you didn't know what to say. Your head was empty, yet your heart was full like never before. "I don't know what to say, Lando. Is this how you really feel?". You breathed out, not wanting to keep him waiting for any reaction. "Yes and it's fine. Just keep them". He took your hand and closed your fingers around the keys resting inside your hand. Your eyes met and you both knew in that moment it's just a first step into much greater destination.