dancing in the snow [Ray]

I loved the winter and simultaneously hated the winter. I loved it for the cuddle days in front of the fire, a cup of tea in hand and Ray by my side, be it his head in my lap so I coul play with his hair or him sitting behind me and hugging me closer or even playing some guitar to me because he had a brilliant idea right in this moment.

I hated it for the times when the sun didn't come out and the whole day was wasted because no one had a good mood. Everyone was hectic around Christmas and no one aknowleged a tiny person that just wanted to get her shopping done.

Guess, who got shoved for the fifth time today on her way to Barnes and Nobles and with a cloudy sky over her head. Yup, me.

Currently, the only thing that held up my mood was the mental image of the evening I just described. But first, I had to get my Christmas shopping done.

Oh, are you kidding me? I jumped for the book I wanted and still couldn't reach it. Kind of helpless, I looked around, hoping to spot a taller person. I was so close to let the damn book be. My sister had to wait for another present then.

"Need help, love?"

I almost jumped at the voice directly next to my ear. Fuck, this man almost gave me a heart attack. Happy for him that I loved him.

"Maybe" I grumbled and stared up at Ray, challenging him to make a joke about my height.

My boyfriend only shook his head and gave me the book. "Here you go."

"Why are you here? I thought you were busy in the studio?" I asked kind of curious. It wasn't like we wanted to meet up here. Not that I didn't like seeing him.

Though my question must have sounded like this because now, Ray had a slightly offended expression on his face along with a tiny frown. No, please don't look at me like that. "I wanted to help you with your shopping. Sorry if that was a bad idea."

"No! It was a great idea, sorry I'm just a bit moody because of all these people," I apologised and got on my tip toes to press a kiss on his lips.

Ray softened under the kiss and smiled into it. "No worries, love. Should we go find a register or do you want to look around a little more?"

"Would it bother you too much if I looked around for a little more?" I asked and looked up at him hopefully.

My boyfriend chuckled and took my hand. "Just go, Y/N."

"Thanks, darling!" I dragged him with me through the entire store. Ray didn't complain once, though we were here for like an extra hour and took every book I handed him. God, I loved this man.

Finally, I felt too bad for keeping him away from food and a more comfortable place so we went paying and home.

On the drive, I stared out of the window as the first snowflakes began to fall. Amazed, I followed one with my eyes. "Ray, it's snowing!"

"I see it, love," he answered smiling as we got into our driveway.

He helped me put away the presents. Maybe I shouldn't have bought all at once but now it was too late. Also, it was only a week until Christmas so I wouldn't have had much time anyway.

After we were finished, we sat down on the sofa and stared outside at the snow. Ray was lying with his head in my lap, eyes closed as I played with his hair. Exactly like I pictured earlier.

Suddenly, Ray jumped up and took my hand to stand up too.

"Ray?" I asked, confused by his the burst of energy.

My boyfriend smiled sheepishly at me. "The snow looks beautiful and I wanted to go outside with you."

Now, I was the one dragging him. "Then let's go!"

First, we had to put on our jackets but then we went into our garden. I tilted my head back and let the snowflakes fall on my face and tongue, opening my arms and giggling like a child.

Strong arms wrapped themselves around me from behind and pulled me close to his chest. I looked up at Ray's face and smiled.

He smiled back and leaned down to press a short kiss to my lips. Then, he twirled me around and began swinging us around slowly.

"Are you dancing with me in the snow?" I asked, amused and touched by the cuteness.

Either it was the change of temperature or Ray was actually blushing. "Shut up, I know it's cheesy."

Though he didn't stop moving, even made me spin once. I giggled.

"No, it's adorable."

Now, Ray was definitely blushing. I jumped up and kissed his red nose, making him laugh.

The snowfall got heavier but we just kept dancing to a quiet melody Ray began to hum after a few seconds. I think it was a song that he made up on the spot or I just didn't know it. Either way, I loved it.

Despite the fact that we were moving, I started to shiver eventually. But I didn't want to go inside, so I pressed myself as close to Ray as possible and bought a few more minutes. He spun me around again, making me shriek in surprise.

Finally, it was too cold to bear. "Babe, I'm freezing."

"Then let's get you back inside," Ray said, throwing me over his shoulder and carrying me inside.

I laughed and slapped his back. "I can walk myself!"

Ray ignored me and just put me down in the living room where he immediately got to our fireplace and started a cozy fire.

I put away our coats and made us a hot chocolate on the way back. Ray took it gladly and we cuddled back on our sofa.

We both were pretty frozen and tried our best to steal the body warmth of the other. "That was fun."

"Yup, it was a cute idea," I told him honestly and kissed his cheek.

Ray put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer in his side. "You're cute, love."

"I know," I said cockily, causing Ray to roll his eyes.

"Why do I put up with you again?"

"Because you loooove me!"

Ray slapped his forehead as if he just remembered it. "That was it."

"You're a dork," I told him, laughing.

Ray only grinned brightly and nodded approvingly. "Yup."

---

Another winter-y one!
School is stressing me out but at least there are only two more days to get through
And if you got a notification saying that I uploaded a Oneshot called 'Christmas', no you didn't...

Have a lovely day guys, love you💜