I'll be home for Christmas [Mikey]

This was ridiculous. I had known since the tour started that Mikey wouldn't be there on Christmas. And still I couldn't even smile at the antics of my nieces.

It certainly didn't help that my brother in law had asked about my fiancé at least ten times now. "And you're sure that he's faithful? I mean there are so many fangirls and all. I don't know if I could resist if I was in his shoes."

"Jacob!" My sister exclaimed and slapped his arm underlining her words with a glare, "that's not helping!"

Jacob shrugged only. "Just saying."

I breathed in deeply, preparing myself for a rant for that my parents would probably wash my mouth. I was so tired of his constant questions and remarks. But luckily, my youngest niece, she was about four, tugged at my hand. "Auntie Y/N can you come play with us?"

"Of course sweetie," I said and got up from the table to follow the kids to the brightly illuminated Christmas tree in my parents' living room.

My sister had three kids, eight, six and four years old and they were absolutely adorable. Mikey and I had babysat them now a few times so it was no wonder that the oldest asked for him. "And uncle Mikey really won't come?"

I stroked her head and sat down on the floor between the toys they got. "No, he's busy darling."

"But it's Christmas!" The six year old, Patrick the only boy, pouted and crossed his arms.

"Yes, but uncle Mikey has a band and they're famous!" Sophie, the oldest explained to her brother with big hand gestures.

I smiled at the conversation, missing my fiancé even more. But the kids seemed to sense this somehow and eagerly told me what to do. So I played with them instead of listening to the boring conversations at the 'grown-up-table'. My brother in law was kind of a fan of My Chemical Romance himself but had a really weird way of showing it. I didn't like him, mainly for his mean comments constantly directed at me. He somehow believed that Mikey still liked him but it was common knowledge in the entire band that they would never come over when he would randomly be at our house. Yes, it was mean but Mikey couldn't stand the man who belittled his fiancée.

And I loved him for this even more. Mikey always stood up for me at family gatherings and made Jacob shut up. Apparently, Jacob wouldn't do so when Mikey wasn't there. Well, at least his kids were sweethearts.

"Auntie Y/N? Why do you look so sad?" Sophie wanted to know.

I shook my head and put on a smile. "It's nothing, darling. I only miss Mikey."

"Can't you just tell him and he'll come? Mommy always comes when I'm sad and comforts me."

I awed silently at the cuteness of her words. "That's not so easy. He's not at home at the moment."

"That's not true, Auntie Y/N! Look, he's right behind you!" Patrick said and pointed at something behind me.

What? Hesitantly, I turned around, only to see a grinning Mikey with a bag over his shoulder and a bouquet of flowers in his hand standing behind me in the doorway.

Immediately, I jumped up and threw myself into his arms. He caught me and hugged me back just as tight, burying his head in my hair. Of course, we weren't separated for the entire tour but I hadn't seen him in three months and I still couldn't quite believe that he was here.

For at least give minutes, we just stood there silently hugging each other and breathing in the familiar scent. Finally, I pulled away and looked up to Mikey.

The flowers were now a little squeezed but who cared?

He had a huge smile plastered on his face that soon turned into worry as he cupped my cheek. "Are you crying, Darling?"