a bad day with a good ending [Ray]

"Rayyyyyy?" I shouted as I entered our apartment. We had just moved in together and I absolutely loved to be able to see him the moment I came home. Without having to go to a lonely apartment the day after.

So I had started this habit of shouting his name as loud as I could the moment the door was closed behind me. It made Ray laugh most of the times so I did it until it would annoy him. Or me. Well, my vocal chords definitely weren't thanking me for it.

But I heard the familiar giggle and followed it to the kitchen. Ray was standing in front of the stove and prepared dinner. Oh, I loved it when he was home before me. Yes, I was lazy what about it?

Also, I had had a shitty day at work so the fact that I didn't need to worry about what I might eat was a huge relief.

I went over to my boyfriend who was already holding his arms open for me as he had seen my face. Naturally, I cuddled into his chest as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. "Hey love."

"Hello Baby," I whispered and savoured the feeling of safety I always felt with Ray. He managed to cheer me up no matter what mood I had been in beforehand and I loved him for this.

We stayed like this for a while until I had to pull away because my stomach started to make noises. That made Ray laugh again. "Hungry?"

"Yeah, for love," I whined because I wasn't ready to get away from him yet. Though, the position we were in was getting uncomfortable for both of us as we were trying not to lean against the hot stove and Ray kept an eye on his pots.

So I let go reluctantly and set the table. Normally, we ate in the kitchen and right now I didn't even feel like I would have made it to the living room with the tiredness that had settled into my bones.

"So what happened today at work?" My boyfriend asked as I put some potatoes on my plate.

I looked up confused. "Why do you ask like this?"

"Because you seem upset and I want to know why."

Well, now I *had* to jump up and kiss him. I mean, when he was such an observant boyfriend after a shitty day what else was I supposed to do?

Luckily, Ray also knew me well enough to predict my actions and caught me laughing. Of course, he kissed me back and then pulled me in his lap. "So tell me what's up."

I sighed and leaned into his chest. God, this man was a heater on legs. "It's nothing. Working with people is just exhausting and I apparently don't have the social skills to pick up everything my boss tells me passive aggressively to do."

"You're social skills are great the way they are, love. And your boss is a dick so just ignore him," he whispered in my ear and then kissed the skin right under it soothingly.

It was really hard to keep my mind at the conversation like this but my boss and his attitude managed to keep me actually on track. So I groaned more in annoyance. "That's not so easy. He cussed me out for the third time today that I was too dumb to get what he wanted from me."

"You are not dumb, Y/N and your boss seriously need to learn how to treat people." I could feel Ray's grip tighten significantly and his voice became deeper in anger at the person who insulted me.

So now, I was the one who had to soothe him and leaned back a bit so I could look into his eyes that had become darker as well. Woah, Ray was actually angry and that was a pretty rare occurrence. "But he's my boss so it's not like that I can change anything about it."

"Bullshit!" I flinched a little bit at his tiny outburst and his expression softened immediately. He stroked my cheek gently. "Sorry, Love I didn't mean to scare you. And if it is that bad that you feel like you feel at the moment then please quit."

"But-" I tried to protest and was silenced by a short peck on the cheek, taking me by surprise.

"No but. Quit the job. It's not like I'm in a band for nothing. We don't need the money and you could come along on tour if you want. Hell, if you want to work we always need someone on the road," Ray rambled at the end a bit. I was touched by how much thought he had already put into it.

I looked at him in surprise at the offer. "You'd want to take me on tour with you?"

"Of course, Y/N I love you and I love to be around you." The look he gave me could only be described as exasperated at my disbelief.

I thought about this for a moment. No, not the part of him loving me, that gave me butterflies just like the first time he said it. But about going on tour with him. I had attended a few concerts and even had visited Ray for a few days and I was close with the other boys too. The only downside would probably be the lack of privacy but if Ray could go to this then I could most likely too. So my mind was made up.

I got up from Ray's lap, earning myself a questioning expression and picked up my phone to give my boss the information that I planned on quitting.

As he saw what I did, he got up as well and hugged me from behind as I made the call. The second, I put my phone down, Ray turned me around, picked me up so I had to wrap my legs around him and kissed me.

"So you're coming with me?" He asked grinning from ear to ear.

I nodded with the same grin. "Yes"

Ray kissed me again, slower this time but we were grinning to broadly so we stopped giggling. "Fuck, I love you."

"I love you too, Ray," I told him and then pouted, "but I'm really hungry so can we eat now, please?"

"Oh right," he laughed and we went back to the forgotten dinner.

---

A little idea that jumped at me yesterday because all I want is a hug for like three years (seriously, I'm so touch starved)

And I can't be bothered to proofread at the moment so sorry for any typos I may check later