it's cold outside [Mikey]

I shivered in the cold December air as I was on my way to my best friend's house. Tonight, Mikey and I had planned on having a movie night and I was currently on my way over to him. We wanted to watch the Harry Potter movies until we passed out.

He lived near a forest on the outskirts of the town we grew up in. It was quite a bit of walking from my house but most of the time I enjoyed the peace of the quiet streets. Well, not now because it was freezing and on top of it, it was beginning to snow. Although, it really looked pretty as everything was getting covered in white.

Finally, I reached my destination and knocked, shivering in the cold air.

"Hey, Y/N. You look like you're cold," Mikey greeted me with a grin at my shivering. I only stared him down.

"No shit, Sherlock."

He giggled and let me come in. Immediately, I felt warmer and breathed in the familiar scent of his home I knew since I was two years old. In certain ways, I felt more at home here than anywhere else.

Mikey fell down on his bed and made room for me. He had a TV in his room, probably stolen from Gerard for now but who cared? Not me. Well, maybe Gerard but Mikey was probably intelligent enough to choose a time where his brother wouldn't notice it missing. "So do we start with the first one or somewhere in the middle?"

I crawled next to him and covered myself in his blanket to warm up. "The first one of course."

So, Mikey got up and put it on, bringing a bowl of popcorn with him that he placed on my lap. Happily, I took a handful and shoved it in my mouth. Then, I picked out one and threw it at Mikey who tried to catch it with his mouth. And failed. That prompted me to giggle and choke on the ones I was chewing.

"Karma," Was his only comment while slapping my back slightly to help me breath.

I glared at him. "Let's start the movie before either of us dies."

We were in the first one for about twenty minutes when I felt Mikey shift and place his arm casually around my shoulders. This was not exactly unusual for him over the course of the last few months so I snuggled closer to him. Who said that best friends weren't allowed to cuddle? I liked it maybe a little more than I should but hey, no one needed to know this.

A few minutes later, I felt something touch my lips, prompting me to open them. Mikey was feeding me the popcorn. "Stop! Don't make me choke again!" I rolled my eyes and shoved him lightly. Though, he made me laugh.

He pouted at me. "You're no fun."

One showdown and the first thirty minutes of Chamber of Secrets later, I had to get up and go to the bathroom. On the way back, I looked out of the window and gasped.

"It's snowing!" I exclaimed excitedly as I jumped on the bed and pulled Mikey out with me. The boy looked like I had pulled him out of his thoughts and needed a minute to process my words.

"Huh? Didn't it already snow when you came?" He asked puzzled.

"Yes, but now everything's white and beautiful. Can we go out for a walk, please?" I pleaded, practically jumping on the spot. I loved winter and snow like nothing else.

Mikey groaned but began to put on his shoes and a warm jacket anyway. "If it makes you happy."

"Thank you!" I kissed his cheek before I took his hand and dragged him outside.

Mikey's face was slightly red but I blamed it on the change in temperature.

"So, where should we go?" I asked enthusiastically.

My best friend thought for a moment and then perked up. "Come with me!" He took my hand and now he was the one guiding me.

We walked to the forest line, not directly into it but rather on the sites but still with the beautiful view. The deep green of the pines was shimmering through the thick white coat of snow on top of them. The sun was peeking out of the  clouds, making the snow sparkle in the light. It was almost too beautiful to be real and I couldn't help but stare in awe at everything we walked past. All the while, Mikey and I joked around, throwing some snow at each other and generally laughing our asses off.

"Hey, have I told you about the time Gee made me steal mom's alcohol? She chased us all around the house after she found out," Mikey laughed.

I giggled. "Yeah, I walked in on that and then decided to come back later. But it was hilarious to watch Donna chase you around this table."

Unnoticed by me, Mikey slowly guided me to a lighting in the forest. He gently pulled my hand to make me stop and I took in my surroundings.

Damn. There was a frozen little lake in the middle where you could almost see at the ground because it was so clear. Fresh snow was dotted on its surface as well as the trees encasing the area. The sky had now a deep shade of blue, no cloud in sight as it was beginning to turn dark.

"It's so beautiful!" I gushed while turning around myself and staring.

Mikey smiled softly at me. "Yeah, it is."

Suddenly, it seemed like he was standing closer to me, I could even feel his warm breath on my face. I looked up at him but Mikey had an unreadable expression on his face, his eyes shining softly.

"Huh?"

Was he leaning down? He giggled!

"God, you're so oblivious," He whispered close to my lips.

I couldn't exactly think right now with him so close to me so I croaked out a faint: "Why?"

Instead of an answer, I felt his cold, soft lips on mine. At first I was too surprised to do anything. I mean, my best friend and kind of crush was kissing me, what did you expect? But then the feeling sank in and I moved my lips slowly. He tasted like popcorn and the soda he had drunken earlier and it was fantastic. A warm feeling spread through my body but Mikey pulled away suddenly.

Again, I looked up at him confused and now a little disappointed that he stopped.

Mikey chuckled. "Because I like you and you apparently can't take hints. Sorry for the little attack but you looked so beautiful, standing there beaming with excitement and I just hope that that was not only a friendly kiss," He closed, rambling a bit towards the end.

I took his face in my hands and pulled him down to me softly and pecked his lips again.

"That wasn't a friendly kiss. And I like you too so me being oblivious was me aggressively trying not to read too much in your actions," I explained to him with a relieved laugh.

Mikey wrapped his arms around me and I just noticed now how cold it actually was. So I started to shiver what Mikey noticed.

"Should we head back home?"

I took his hand and nodded. "Please."

Back at his house, we cuddled under the warm sheets once again. For some reason, it felt different now, more relaxed like the tension was gone.

"Thank you for this," I whispered.

His hand was tangled in my hair. "No need to thank me. I was the one who got a girlfriend out of this," Mikey joked.

I perked up. "Girlfriend?"

Suddenly, Mikey looked insecurely up at me as I had risen to my elbows. "Well, I thought we... But if you don't want to now that's okay too and... Oh, forget it..." He mumbled, hiding behind his hands.

I pulled them away softly and grinned at him.

"I'm messing with you. It just surprised me that's all but I'd love you to call me girlfriend. Well, only if I can call you my boyfriend," I added and intertwined our fingers.

He squeezed them and smiled relieved. "Don't scare me like that!"

"But it's fuuun!"

"Oh you..." And then he rolled on top of me and tickled me, making me shriek and giggle manically.