sleepy boyfriend [Frank]

Nervously, I tapped a rhythm with my fingers against my leg. It was almost ten o'clock and Frank had promised to be home earlier from practice today. I guess, I could forget that. On the other hand, they had to finish an album and this naturally took some time. It must be pretty stressful for all of them. Still, I would like to see my boyfriend some time again. Preferably this evening.

For dinner I was too lazy to cook something so I only had ordered some pizza. And cold pizza was almost as good as hot pizza so at least Frank would have something to eat.

Just as I was about to give up and go to bed, I heard the keys turn in the lock. With a bag over his shoulder, my boyfriend trotted into the house but he just stayed in the hallway.

I got up and hugged him hello with a kiss on his cheek. Frank only rested his head on my shoulder and mumbled: "M'sorry for being late, babe."

His words were slurred together from exhaustion and most of his body weight was on top me currently. I could tell, that he was tired enough to sleep right here so I pulled him into the house more. The bag fell on the floor in our doorway and stayed there.

"No problem. But you have to eat something before you can sleep," I told him and shook him slightly to keep him awake.

Frank only nodded sleepily and followed me like a lost puppy into the living room, rubbing his eyes that were hurting from exhaustion. I got the pizza carton and placed it in front of him. My poor, tired boyfriend.

He grabbed a piece and leaned his head on my shoulder as soon as I had sit down next to him. Lazily, Frank chewed, his eyes dropping shut occasionally but he forced them to stay open. I tried my best not to 'aww' at the sight and wrapped an arm around his torso, supporting him slightly.

"How was practice?" I started a conversation, mainly to keep him awake long enough to not fall asleep on the couch today. As much as I loved Frankie, I would not carry him all the way to our bedroom.

"Exhausting" he yawned, "but we got the next song finally finished." He ate the last piece of pizza and cuddled in my side.

"That's great! How much more until you got the album finished?" I wanted to know enthusiastically.

Frank yawned again. "Don't know. Ask Ray, I think he has the overview of what we're trying to do."

I chuckled. My boyfriend was normally a ball of adrenaline, especially on stage, but right now he reminded me more of a little puppy with the way he curled up against me. His hands were on my stomach, his head was pressed in the crook of my neck and I could feel Frank's breath on my skin as he was speaking. It was adorable and I could have stayed like this for the rest of the night. But I knew that our backs would kill us tomorrow. Being the responsible one in the relationship sucked some times. Frank was already drifting to sleep, so I tried to keep him awake.

I stroked his head and made him get up by pushing him lightly. "Come on, don't fall asleep on the sofa."

"But it's comfyyy!" Frank whined quietly and clung to me like a koala to stop me from getting up. His grip was too lose to do anything, telling me that he really was tired.

I laughed. "Stop it, sleepyhead! You'll have back pain tomorrow if you stay here. And I won't cuddle with you on the sofa," I coaxed him. That worked almost every time.

Sighing heavily, Frank got up and let me pull him to our bedroom. But he stayed standing in the middle of it, too exhausted to move.

I put my hands on my hips and looked at him expectantly: "You have to get changed, babe."

"Oh, yeah," He said sheepishly, looking like I just shook him out of a trance. Dear Lord, he must have given his everything today.

I giggled. Frank would probably really sleep on the floor if I didn't help him, so I grabbed his hand and stripped his shirt off.

"Frank, help me already!" I told him.

He laughed. "But I love it when you strip me." And then he winked at me playfully. Of course he was more awake now. Heaven help if he ever would leave an opportunity to tease me. Though, it lost its effect as he had to yawn once again.

I slapped his arm. "Not now!"

"Fine. But only if we cuddle later," Frank tried to negotiate. I rolled my eyes at him.

"As if I wouldn't do it without you begging me."

Luckily, we eventually got ready and got into bed. I switched off the lights and made myself comfortable in his arms, my head resting in the crook of his neck. Frank wrapped his arms loosely around my waist just enough to hold me but not really gripping on. I felt his even breath fan over my head. That familiar feeling was something I never wanted to miss in my life ever again and it never failed to calm me down. Now it slowly lulled me to sleep.

"Baby?" Frank asked quietly into the complete silence of our bedroom as I was already almost dreaming.

I only hummed in response to show that I still heard him.

"I love you," He whispered into my hair and kissed my head sloppily.

My heart swelled at the sweet gesture. This was one of the reasons I originally fell in love with him. He made me feel loved with only small things and still could make me blush occasionally with it. Naturally, Frank often used this to his advantage. He loved to see me blush.

"Love you, too, dork and now let me sleep," I answered him, with an affectionate tone and put my hand on his chest. He readjusted us both and we fell asleep, snuggled closely together under the pile of blankets.

---

I know it's kind of late already to say this but thank you all for all the nice comments and votes, I love to read them and get that stupid smile on my face💜