the first step into the right direction [Gerard]

The last thing I expected this evening after work was a call from Mikey. They were on tour with their second album that they had dropped recently and I couldn't be more proud of them. And then Mikey called to tell me how life for my boyfriend Gerard really was.

I could hear that he was choking back tears. "Please, Y/N we don't know what to do anymore. He's drinking himself to death. He's not talking to me anymore. You have to have an idea."

I was close to tears by now, too. Oh God, my poor Gee. What had happened to the happy boy I fell in love with? Stress. I hated it and wanted nothing but hug him.

"I think I'm coming to visit you. Maybe when I'm there, I can help better. He barely calls, I thought that was his way of letting me down gently," I confessed, now even more concerned for my lover.

Two days later, I was waiting on their tour bus for them to come back from the last gig. Mikey had organised everything and their manager almost kissed me when I told him I would look out for the guys. It must be a harder tour than I imagined.

Now, they all came to the bus, seeing me sitting there with a book in hand I wasn't actually reading because I was too nervous.

"Y/N! Woah, we haven't seen you in forever!" Frank exclaimed, still full of adrenaline and jumped at me. I laughed and hugged him.

Ray and Mikey greeted me just as enthusiastically while Bob kind of just acknowledged my presence. Well, I could live with it.

And Gerard looked like he was giving me his first genuine smile in weeks. "Sugar! What are you doing here?"

I got up and hugged him tightly, ignoring his smell and just being happy that he at least looked okay for the moment. "I missed you and the boys and wanted to visit."

My boyfriend kissed me slowly and held onto me like I was his lifeline. "For how long are you staying?"

"The rest of the tour if that's alright with all of you," I said, hearing all of them sigh in relief. I took that as a yes.

This evening was filled with laughter and surprisingly little alcohol but only because Ray kept it low.

I was cuddling with Gerard in his bunk when he began throwing himself from side to side and mumbling incoherent things. Concerned, I tried to wake him up as I made out tears running down his cheeks.

Finally, I was able to wake Gee up and he stared at me scared for a moment. "It was just a dream, baby. I'm here, it wasn't real, you're alright."

Gerard kept crying and pulled me closer to him as I stroked his greasy hair gently. His sobs succeeded slowly and he drifted back in a more peaceful sleep.

The next morning, he couldn't remember a thing of the dream but was complaining about headache.

They had their next show and must somehow gotten their hands on alcohol. I waited in the bus for them as Gerard stumbled in, not walking straight and mumbling some stuff. He went straight for the mini fridge, grabbing a beer.

"Baby?" I asked quietly from my spot.

He looked up disoriented and came over to me. "Yes sug'r?"

I opened my arms, wanting to use the time until the rest would be there. Gerard sat down between my legs and cuddled with me. He reached for the can of beer but I stopped him. "Please don't"

He huffed. "Why not? It's makin' me feel good," Gerard protested and tried again.

I only pulled him closer to me. "You don't need that. I'm here for you. You once called me your happiness."