kisses are the best medicine [Frank]

"Honey?" Frank shouted from downstairs, probably the kitchen.

I groaned and rolled around in the bed. I felt like I was getting sick, my nose was stuffed, my throat raw and I was still tired despite sleeping for 12 hours. At least it was Saturday and I didn't have work tomorrow.

I heard Frank's footsteps on the stairs and then the creak of our bedroom door, him checking on me because I hadn't reacted to his call.

My boyfriend walked to the pile of blankets I buried myself underneath and looked down at me. He nibbled at his lip ring, something he did, when he was in thoughts or worried and had his eyebrows furrowed.

"How are you feeling?" Frank asked and put his hand on my forehead to measure my temperature.

"Not that good," I mumbled, the words scratching at my throat, making me cough. His hand was pretty cold against my skin. This was concerning because Frank's hands were always warm so I must have at least a temperature.

Frank frowned as he felt the significant difference in temperature and caressed my cheek. "You're burning, babe. Stay here, I'll make you something to eat and look for some medicine."

And away he went. I cuddled deeper under my blanket and recognised the weight at my feet as our dog, Sweat Pea. She seemed to always know when we were feeling down and came cuddling. For now, her presence was calming and I loved this tiny ball of sunshine for it.

Still, I had to get up because I needed to go to the toilet. Slowly, I climbed out of bed and immediately grabbed one of Frank's hoodies because now I was shivering. Damn winter and bad heater. And the cold I apparently caught. I also felt a little bit dizzy, so I supported myself on the closet and waited for it to go away.

After I went to the bathroom, I went to the kitchen and saw my boyfriend standing there and stirring a soup.

Just as I wanted to go closer to him and hug him, he turned around. "What are you doing out of bed, baby? You need to rest," Frank asked concerned. He kept stirring but had his attention on me. His hazel eyes scanned me up and down, tutting at the fact that I didn't wait for him to get me.

"I needed to go to the toilet and wanted to be with you," I told him, pouting and shivered again. Argh, why was our flat suddenly so cold?

Frank sighed and came to me, putting an arm around my waist and giving me some of his body heat that I accepted gladly. "You're cute even when you're ill. Come on, lie down on the sofa and I'll bring you the soup when it's ready."

He guided me to the living room and draped multiple blankets over me. "I'll be right back with a tea for your throat, babe," he promised and kissed my forehead.

"But stay here this time," Frank said and pointed at me, glaring playfully as he walked back.

I only smiled innocently, made myself more comfortable and waited for Frank to come back. He did with a tray in hands with my soup and tea.

"Thank you Frankie," I told him as I took it from him and placed it on my lap.

Once again, I was happy that at least it was the weekend, so we both could stay home and do nothing the whole day. Frank sat down next to me after he had gotten himself something to eat, too.

I ate the soup that tasted actually quite good, from what I could taste at least. "Where did you learn to cook like this?" I wondered out loud.

My boyfriend smiled at me sheepishly. "I may have called my mom for the receipt earlier. I'll tell her that you liked it."

"Thank you" I sneezed and reached for the tissues. Frank handed them to me grinning silently but with concerned eyes. He hated to see me like this.

"Can we cuddle and watch some Netflix? I don't feel like anything else,"I asked, looking as pitiful as possible.

Frank laughed. "Stop giving me that look and let me get under these blankets already!"

Happily, I complied and soon felt his arms wrap around me. Suddenly we were nose to nose and Frank leaned in closer. I stopped him with my finger on his lips. "You'll get sick, too!" I giggled as he pouted at me. Right now, I felt much better than his morning. I blamed it on the soup and Frank's ability to distract me from everything.

"I don't care," he complained like a stubborn child and tried again to kiss me.

Once again I held him back.

"But..."

"Frank.." I said threateningly and gave him a stern glare. Sadly my seriousness was destroyed by another sneeze, resulting in Frank chuckling.

"That was adorable," He stated as if it was a scientific fact. And pecked my lips, using the second I was distracted by his compliment.

"Dork"

"And you love me for it," He shot back, making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. But if you get sick, don't whine too much about it," I told him.

Again, he smiled this adorable smile, he knew that made me melt every time. "And you'll nurse me back to health," Frank stated maybe a little too confidently.

I chuckled evilly. "Wouldn't be so sure about that, babe."

He gave me a hurt look. "You wouldn't?"

I shook my head. "Not if you don't start the movie right now."

"Don't scare me like that! For a moment I thought you really would be that cruel," He whined but pulled me closer and began to play with my hair, after freeing it from the messy bun from last night.

"Who knows. Can you make me another tea just to be sure? With much honey?" I begged and coughed for good measure.

Rolling his eyes, Frank got up and took one of the blankets with him.

"Hey! Not fair!"

"Life isn't fair, honey!" His voice said from the kitchen.

I huffed at the statement, but unfortunately that triggered a coughing fit.

With the cup in hand and giggling adorably at himself, Frank came back and started the movie on his way.