hiding from the world in your arms [Ray]

"Love, where are you?" Ray's voice rang through our apartment as I heard him close the door behind him.

He had been at the studio the whole day together with the band as they recorded their fourth album. I knew how tiring it got for Ray to work so long and it touched me that still his first thought was to look for me. Usually, I sat in the living room or were somewhere in the kitchen where he could see me when he entered the apartment.

But I wasn't there. I was curled up in our bed, Luna's, our dog, head on my shoulder as she tried to give me comfort. Today had been an incredibly bad day. First, my boss had shouted at me for coming two minutes late, then that one co-worker that I was trying to dodge since I was working there finally caught on to me and tried his creepy 'moves' on me. So I went to the bathroom, waiting until he was away. And then the only nice person at the office told me that they were quitting. Not to mention that my brain had decided that today wasn't a day for dopamine in the first place.

So yes, I was feeling not quite like myself and just wanted comfort. But because Ray had been at the studio, I had gone to our bedroom because there at least it smelled like him and I got a bit comfort from it. And our lovely dog sensed my feelings and came to cuddle me while we waited for Ray.

By now, my boyfriend had made his way to the bedroom and walked to the bed to kneel down next to it. Smiling, he pressed a kiss to my forehead and moved a loose strand of hair from my face. His eyes were so soft as he watched me. "Hey, Love how are you?"

The tender gesture was too much for me. I started to cry, turning Ray's loving smile into a concerned frown. "Y/N? Love, what's the problem?"

I just shook my head and rubbed my tears away angrily. This wasn't something to cry about. I was happy to see him, for god's sake!

Still the tears wouldn't stop falling. Luckily, Ray always knew what to do so he just climbed into the bed wordlessly. He nudged Luna to make room for him which she happily did and curled up at our feet. Ray then took my quivering hands in his larger ones and kissed each knuckle lovingly.

"It's alright Love. I'm here now," he whispered and looked me deeply in the eyes. I had the urge to look away but didn't and just nodded through the tears.

Ray gently pulled me up a bit and moved us around until my head was buried in his chest and his hands were playing with my hair.

We stayed like this for a long time, silent aside from my occasional sobs. It was exhilarating to just be able to cry for once I noticed as the tears started to die down. The right skin and dry eyes weren't so nice though.

While I calmed down slowly, Ray hummed an unfamiliar but very soothing tune. It gave me something to focus on. His fingers never stopped moving though he moved one hand away to hand me some tissues as he noticed that I was calming down.

I sat up reluctantly to blow my nose and smiled down at my boyfriend shakily. Ray squeeze my sides reassuringly and smiled softly. "Better?"

"A bit," I admitted and lay back down, my head again on Ray's chest but this time facing up to him, "thank you."

The want hands returned to my scalp and back. "No need to thank me, Love. Is something bothering you or did you just need a good cry?"

I chuckled nasally. "A bit of both. Work is awful and Sarah quit today so I have no one nice there. And Steve cornered me."

"That guy that's been stalking you?" Ray wanted to know, jumping into protective mode as I felt him tense up underneath me.

"Yup. I think I'm gonna report him the next time he does it," I decided and felt Ray nod decidedly.

Luna jumped off the bed and went out of the room. We watched her walk away in silence, both deep in our own thoughts. It had been good to cry. I felt better now, though that could be because of Ray too.

Definitely Ray, I decided as I felt his lips on my forehead again. He nudged me with his nose to get my attention. As I looked up, my boyfriend smiled sweetly. "Movie night and take out food?"

"Movie night and take out food," I agreed and kissed his neck in return.

Ray hummed happily and started to massage my shoulders. I buried my head in his neck and clutched his shirt in one hand. "But five more minutes won't hurt."

---

I want someone to comfort me like this so I wrote this instead

Love you guys and stay safe 💜