Christmas with Gee [Gerard]

"Y/N? Y/N, come on, wake up!" Gerard sounded urgent, so I shot up from my bed, alarmed.

Only to be greeted by almost complete darkness because it was winter and who put lights on in the night? I could make out my roommate standing next to my bed who grinned down at me. He didn't seem to be hurt, so I fell back into the pillows and groaned relieved but annoyed. "What do you want?"

"It's Christmas!" He exclaimed as if that would explain why he was standing there and woke me up.

I grabbed blindly for my phone to check the time. The bright light made me flinch and then again as I could tell what time it was exactly. "Gerard, it's six in the morning."

That would explain the complete darkness. It was still the middle of the night! Oh, I was this close to killing this boy.

Why did I agree to move in with him again? Oh, yes because we went to the same college and didn't want to live in the dorms. Also, it was cheaper. And I liked Gerard. Well, at the moment not that much but still. He was cute and charming and funny... And childish what cost me precious hours of sleep.

"So?" Gerard asked innocently, pulling me back out of my thoughts.

I groaned again and pulled my blankets back over me. "That means that it's far too early to be awake."

"But it's Christmas!" I could hear the pout in his voice. And decided to ignore it though it was hard and pressed my eyes close.

Next thing I knew, was that the mattress next to me dipped down under the weight of my roommate who layed himself across my back. What the fuck?

"Gerard? What are you doing?" I wanted to know confused.

The artist rolled around to get more comfortable and to not suffocate me. I could swear that I felt him put his arm hovering over me to cuddle me but pull it away quickly. Probably only my imagination that wished for him.

"Convincing you to get up," Gerard said matter-of-factly. And suddenly, he wrapped his arms around me only to throw me over his shoulder.

I shrieked surprised as he got up with me in his arms and slapped his back laughing. "Let me down!"

Gerard giggled. "So you can get back to bed? No way!"

Too tired and comfortable in his arms, I stopped moving around and let him carry me into our living room where the Christmas tree was in the corner with presents underneath it. Oh, how I wished that I could just crane my neck up a little and kiss him. I had to physically stop myself from doing so. Yes, I was the cliché that fell in love with her roommate, so what?

Gerard set me down gently on the couch from where I immediately got back up and walked to the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" The boy shouted after me and followed me like a lost puppy, "Can't we open the presents now?"

Okay, it was hard not to squeal at Gerard who was being so adorable. Could he please stop? I was trying to be mad at him for waking me up. "There is no way that I will do this without a cup of coffee, Gerard."

"Oh" was he blushing? "Can you make me one too?"

I laughed as I started the coffee maker. "Already done. Now, come on help me with the Christmas lights."

While the coffee water was boiling, we switched on the various fairy lights or lit the candles. Yes, we decorated the whole apartment and I was actually quite proud of how it turned out. The warm lights gave our little apartment a magic flair and I couldn't help but stare at Gerard as he looked at our tree.

The light was reflecting on his black hair as his eyes were glowing themselves with happiness and at exactly this moment he looked like an angel. It was so hard to not walk over and kiss him. How did I get so lucky to live together with him and be friends with him?