ice skating [Gerard]

For once, I had all school work done. Weird, right? But it was true and now, I was bored. Like, really. It was Saturday and I had already read a book, showered, helped my parents with some stuff and now I was laying on my bed. Bored out if my mind.

So what would any normal person do when they're bored? Right, annoy other people. So, I texted my boyfriend, Gerard.

Baaaaaabe

Not even a minute later he replied.

Yeeeeees?

I'm boooored

Oh noooo

Can you come over?

On my way, Sugar

Ha, I knew why I loved him. Ten minutes later, Gerard stood on my porch and I shooed him inside.

His nose was red from the cold December air so I kissed it, making him giggle. "You're cute."

"Thanks. What do you want to do?" I asked.

Gerard shrugged and hugged me to get warm, putting his icy hands on my back (under my shirt, that asshole) and made me jump from the cold. "Cuddle?"

I thought for a moment but decided that I had too much energy to lay down and do nothing. "Can we go out? Like just walking around for a bit and look at the shop windows?"

Sighing, my boyfriend nodded and put his jacket back on. We hadn't even gotten out of the doorway. "You're lucky I love you."

We walked around town for a while, hand in hand and swinging them lightly. Gerard told me about how he and Frank had gotten themselves in trouble in PE because they threw ping pong balls all around the gym.

"You two are idiots,"I laughed and then stood still in my tracks as I stared at the big illuminated sign.

Gerard laughed with me, not yet realising that I had stopped. "I know and- what?"

In front of us was an ice skating rink what gave me a wonderful idea.

With a pout, I turned to Gerard and moved closer in his side. "Please?"

As he followed my gaze, he paled slightly. "Oh no, don't look at me like that."

I tugged at his hand and stared up at him with my best puppy eyes. "It will be funny, come on."

"But-"

"You can choose the movie and we'll cuddle as much as you want to if you say yes now," I persuaded him and he sighed.

"Fine" Gerard gave in, "but if I have a concussion at the end of the day, I'm blaming you."

Skipping to the entry, I grinned happily and pulled him with me. "I love you, babe!"

We payed to get the shoes and put them on. Gerard took his sweet time while I waited for him impatiently. Did he have to tie each shoe three times?

Finally, he was ready and stalked with me to the ice, clutching my hand like a lifeline already. My boyfriend had his eyebrows knitted together in concentration as he stared down at his feet. I giggled at this. "Gee, it will be fine."

"I never did this," he admitted through gritted teeth and blushed.

Well, that explained his fear. "Oh, no problem I'll help you. Just take my hand and we'll stay on the sides for now."

We went on the ice, Gerard almost immediately loosing his balance. I saved him from completely falling down by wrapping both of my arms around his body and I had to admit that it was fairly cute to watch him be this clumsy. And the excuse to clutch onto him was pretty awesome. I didn't like to be seen as the clingy partner so I took every opportunity where it seemed at least slightly reasonable to hold onto Gerard.

After multiple attempts and compliments from me, he managed to stay up and make a wobbly move in my direction. It looked adorable how intensely he was staring up to not look down and loose the balance again, despite his black hair falling in his eyes in the process. But Gerard crossed the two metres that separated us successfully. Though, he nearly made us crash at the impact. But it was good for a start.

I stayed patient with him and helped enough until he decided that he wanted to try a full round. So, I took Gerard's hand and linked our arms together and we started moving. It went surprisingly well, considering the multiple crashes beforehand.

But we made two full rounds and even got the chatting up again. Slowly, I let go of him and let him try on his own.

"You got it, babe!" I cheered as he was skating completely on his own.

He nodded enthusiastically. "I know! Look, Sugar!"

This words were the cue for me to start worrying again but Gerard just got a little faster and attempted to stop. It worked well so I applauded him, what made him grin proudly.

Gerard got more confident and we started racing each other and goofing around. At one point, he came up to me to hug me but underestimated his force and knocked us both over.

We fell down, giggling and he caught himself to not crush me underneath him completely. So now, Gerard was hovering over me, holding himself up on his arms left and right to my face.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, ignoring the piercing coldness of the ice. "Hey"

"Hi" Gerard whispered and leaned down, getting what I was hinting at.

His lips were cold just like mine as he kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and snaked my frozen fingers into his hair. He shivered and pulled away again, pecking my lips first before helping me back up.

"Oops"

The much too late reaction made me laugh out loud and almost fall back down if he wouldn't have caught me.

We skated for some more time before deciding that it was getting uncomfortably cold and that a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate would be wonderful.

Back at my house, we made ourselves said hot chocolate and stole some sweets from the family stash before cuddling under my blanket, seeking for warmth for our frozen bodies. We pressed together as close as possible both shivering at the contact.

"That was fun," Gerard eventually said into the silence.

I nodded. "Yup. We should do this more often."

He hummed in agreement. "Thanks that you forced me to try it."

"Any time"

Pulling the blanket away, he got up and let a cold breeze in. It had just gotten warm. Damnit. "Hey!"

"Sorry, Sugar," he apologized, not sounding sorry at all, "I'm just going to get your laptop now so we can watch something."

Oh right, I had bribed him with a movie. A moment later, Gerard got back under the warm blanket and put his icy cold fingers on my neck. I shrieked and slapped them away, glaring at him. He only giggled and opened Netflix.

"Soooo, are you up for another Star Wars?" Gerard asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed at his antics and nodded. I loved Star Wars almost as much as him. Almost. My boyfriend knew every word to every damn movie so it was pretty hard to top that.

He angled the screen so we both could see and I placed my head on his chest to get more comfortable. After starting the film, Gerard wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head. I hummed appreciatively, my eyes already beginning to droop from exhaustion as the actions of the day made us both pretty tired.

Later that evening, my mother came into the room to check on us, only to find us both fast asleep, me in Gerard's arms and him holding me tightly and put the laptop away gently, only after snapping a few pictures of the cute sight. Of course, she sent them to me for me to find them when we woke up. I guess, I would have a new lock screen tomorrow.

---

Aaaaand another winter-themed one. Sorry not sorry, I just love this stuff.

Love you💜