first Christmas together [Ray]

Should I ask Ray to come over for Christmas or was it too soon? I mean, we were together for only two weeks but have been friends for almost three years. Still, wasn't that too early? We had celebrated it together that one time but then the whole friend group was there. But alone? I mean we were a couple but wouldn't that be a little too much?

These and similar questions were running through my head as I sat on my kitchen counter and waited for the last tray of cookies to be ready. The last two weeks had been more than wonderful, Ray had taken me on several cute dates, like ice skating or building teddy bears and I fell even harder for him. We both were still in the butterfly-in-stomach-stage and were giggly and blushing constantly (or at least me, Ray seemed to be more confident). But he showed me how much he cared about me with cute kisses or many hugs what led me back to my current problem.

I wanted to spend Christmas so badly with him. But what if Ray rather wanted to be with his family or something? Oh, this was all dumb.

Luckily, just now my phone peeped, telling me that the cookies were ready so my mind was preoccupied with not burning myself or the sweets.

And just as I had put them away safely without hurting either of us, my phone rang again. But this time it was a call from Ray as I could see by the bright smiling picture that flashed on my screen.

After a deep breath to calm myself, I took the call. "Hey, Ray."

"Hey, love," at the nickname, I blushed madly what he couldn't see, luckily.

Well, Ray would have told me that it was cute but that certainly wouldn't have helped the case. "I was wondering if you were free tomorrow? I know it's Christmas and you're probably with your family but maybe we could spend the evening together?"

Silently, I jumped through my kitchen, doing a little victory dance. So Ray had thought about it, too! "Yes, I would love to. I'm at my parents' for coffee but after that I'm free."

"Cool," I heard Ray exhale a heavy breath on the other end. He had been nervous, too? "Can I come to yours then? I love your apartment."

"I knew you were only after my flat," I joked.

Ray chuckled. "Sure. So around five? Or is that too early?"

"No, five is perfect," I told him, now way more relaxed.

We chatted for some more and suddenly it was two in the morning. By now, I was laying upside down on my sofa, my feet dangling in the air. I yawned for the third time in a row, making Ray laugh softly. "Love, I think you need to go to bed."

"But I want to keep talking to you," I whined, suppressing another yawn.

But Ray heard it and laughed again. "That's cute but we don't want you to sleep already when I come, right?"

I pouted what he of course couldn't see. "Fine. Good night."

"Good night, love"

And then, I stumbled into my bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

The next day, I visited my family like I told Ray. I loved to spend time with them but what I didn't like, was how observant my mother was. She kept grinning at me while I was fidgeting and waiting to just go home to see Ray.

"Have a date today, sweetheart?" She asked and winked at me. To my horror, I blushed a deep shade of red. So of course my complete family now looked at me while my mother was lying on the floor laughing. Thanks, Mom.

"Well then we won't hold you back any longer. Tell them we said hi," Dad waved me off and practically shoved me out of the door.

Great, now I was half an hour early and had plenty of time to grow nervous. Why was I so nervous? I knew Ray, there was no reason to be worried.

But it was a good kind of nervous. I switched on the lights of my tree and double checked that his present was wrapped properly. Then, I lit the candles that were all around the room, giving off the ultimate Christmas vibe.

And then the doorbell rang already. While I went to open it, I combed through my hair with my fingers, making sure that it wasn't too messed up.

Ray greeted me with a soft smile and a tiny kiss on my cheek. I giggled and pointed at his head. "What are you wearing?"

"A Santa hat!" He said proudly and chuckled, swinging his head back and forth so his curls were all over his face together with the end of the hat.

"It's cute," I told him while we walked into my flat.

Ray grinned at me. "That was the goal. Oh, I have something for you!"

We sat down on my sofa and handed each other the presents. We looked at each other, grinned and then tore the wrapping paper simultaneously.

Ray had gotten me a beautiful necklace with matching earrings. I attacked him with a hug and kissed him shortly. "These are beautiful!"

"I saw them and immediately thought of you, I'm glad you like them," he said and was he blushing? Aww.

"Can you help me with the necklace?" I begged and turned around for him to put it on me.

First, he softly moved my hair out to the way to not tangle it. I felt him close it and then press a tiny kiss on my neck.

Then, I turned back around to him with an expectant expression. "What do you think?" I asked as I put on the earrings as well.

"Beautiful," Ray wasn't looking at my neck or my ears but straight at my face.

Embarrassed, I looked down at his hands to see him hold the still unopened box I gave him. "Don't you want to open yours?"

"I wanted to see your reaction first."

I looked pointedly at the box. Ray got the hint and laughed but opened it. It was a new guitar strap as I knew that his old one was falling apart. I had stitched his initials in the corner of it. And I had put some of his favourite sweets next to it.

He took it out of the box to look at it properly, grinning happily the whole time. Then, just like me earlier, Ray leaned over and pulled me in a hug and kissed my head. "I love it, Y/N. Thank you."

I giggled and climbed in his lap. "No problem. I know how torn your old one is."

Then, I stole one of the chocolate-bonbons and popped it into my mouth.

"Hey, that's mine!" Ray protested jokingly and took one for himself.

We stayed silent for a while until my stomach broke it with a loud grumble. While I hid my face in my hands embarrassed, Ray laughed and stroked my stomach gently. "Someone's hungry."

I wanted to get up, but Ray clutched me tightly, holding me in place. "Don't run away. That was cute."

"But I want to start dinner," I laughed and freed myself.

"Oh" Now, Ray was the embarrassed one but soon caught himself.

"I'll help you!"

So we went into my kitchen and cooked.

---
I know the presents are kind of lame but I couldn't think of anything else.

The last one may come a little later because we're at my grandma's now (yes, I proofread and published it on the drive)