a little midnight snack[Ray]

I stood alone in an empty room. The walls were decorated with pictures of Ray and me but instead of seeing his normal smile, like I thought I would there was a deep frown on his face in every single one. It felt like he was staring me down, disgusted by the person on his side and my self in the pictures gave me a lifeless look that told me that I knew this too well.

What was this room? Ray loved me, he would never give me such a glare. Or didn't he?

I turned around to look at the rest of the room and gasped as I saw Ray standing right behind me, watching me.

"Oh God, honey, I thought you hated me. What are these pictures? Is this some weird prank from Frank?" I asked, relieved to see my boyfriend standing there and sighed.

But as I turned and wanted to hug him, he stopped me, pushing me away from him with so much force that I stumbled back a few steps. What was happening?

"Don't touch me," He ordered disgusted with the same expression as the Ray on the pictures had. Like I was not worthy of his time.

"What's going on, baby?" I wanted to know, now insecure. What if this was true and Ray didn't want to be with me?

He huffed and laughed evilly. "Do you seriously think I would love someone like you? You're far from being good enough for me and just some toy to me. And stop calling me these awful nicknames!"

"No, stop that!" I shouted, now crying.

"Y/N? Baby, wake up!" The same voice that insulted me said. But now the love was back in it and I opened my eyes, feeling the hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

Ray was looking at me with concern, his furrowed eyebrows barely visible in the darkness of our bedroom. He was holding me tight in his arms and stroking my back. This felt nothing like what the Ray in my dream did.

"Do you hate me? Am I just a game for you?" I couldn't help but ask. It felt so real.

His eyes widened in shock. "Why do you think that? Y/N, I love you with all my heart. I could never do something like that."

Relieved to hear these sincere words, I buried my face in his chest. "It felt so real," I mumbled and felt the tips of his hair brush over my head as he kissed my hair gently.

"It was only a dream," He soothed me with his gentle voice.

"Sorry for waking you up," I told him and stayed still on his chest. Ray's body temperature was slowly warming me back up and washed away the strange coldness of the nightmare.

I felt him shake his head. "Don't apologise, I'm there for this shit. Do you want to tell me what the dream was about or would you rather go back to sleep?"

"I don't want to sleep. Can we maybe get up and eat something?" I pleaded, suddenly wide awake. Must be the aftershock or something.

Silently, Ray rolled out of bed and pulled me with him. But instead of doing the normal thing and just take my hand, he scooped me up and carried me to the kitchen.

I giggled. "Let me down!"

"Nope" Ray laughed and set me down on the counter.

"So what do you want to eat? I could make some pancakes," Ray offered, already opening the cupboards.

"Sounds delicious." I told him, letting my legs dangle over the corner.

While mixing the dough, Ray asked: "What was the dream about that it freaked you out this much?"

I sighed and told him what had happened in my nightmare.

As soon as I ended, he attacked me in a hug and kissed all over my face. It tickled like hell and I giggled gleefully.

"I would never do this to you. That's just horrible, you know that I love you right?" He said with urgency in his voice, like he wasn't sure at the moment wether I believed him.

"Yes, I know and I love you too," I assured him and placed my right hand in his neck.

Ray had his hands on my hips, the pancakes forgotten for the moment.

"I guess, I'm just insecure sometimes, I honestly can't tell you where the dream came from," I confessed, while playing with some of his curls. I loved to do that.

He smiled softly at me and gave me another peck on the lips before going back to the stove and baking the first pancake.

I watched him silently, while he hummed to himself and flipped the pancake on a plate. He put some chocolate on it and then handed the plate to me with a wide grin.

"Bon appetit, honey!"

Happily, I took it and began to eat the sweet. It tasted delicious and I hummed approvingly. "Thank you, it's great!"

Ray made a few more and we sat down at our kitchen table. I gasped a little bit when I looked at the clock and noticed that it was three in the morning. Oops.

We ate all of them in a comfortable silence as my eyes began droop again. Ray noticed and put our plates away.

"Come on babe, let's go back to bed," He said gently, yawning himself and stretching to stay awake for the moment.

I let him pull me up and in his arms. "But I don't wanna sleep," I mumbled sleepily. I buried my head in his chest and felt his hands on my lower back.

"You are almost asleep right now. I'm right next to you and I wake you up again, when the nightmare comes back," He promised and picked me up bridal style, carrying me to our bedroom.

"But-" I yawned "I'm not that tired."

He only chuckled quietly. "That's a lie, babe, you know that. But I am definitely tired so let's go back to sleep."

Ray layed me down and then climbed into bed next to me. He pulled me flush against his chest and stroked my hair. "Sleep, Y/N, I'm here."

Then he hummed a song quietly. I recognised it as The Light Behind Your Eyes and spoke up softly: "Please don't that one, or I'll cry."

Ray chuckled and thought for a moment. "Would Isn't That Something please you more?" He asked jokingly.

I nodded. "Mhm, always loved that one," I mumbled and put my hand on his stomach.

So he began to sing that song softly in my ear. I drifted in a dreamless sleep, feeling secure in his arms and with no intention to ever leave.