stargazing [Frank]

Frank was laying upside down on my bed, feet in the air and head dangling from the corner. He came home with me right after school and now he waited impatiently until I was finished with my homework.

I had to admit that the sight was rather cute but unfortunately this was pretty distracting so I was stuck on my maths equation and couldn't think for the life of me how I should solve this.

"You know what, babe?" Frank asked, a thinking expression on his face.

I held up my finger. Yes, I had the solution!! "What's the matter Frankie?"

"I'm going to take you out tonight," my boyfriend stated and swung around abruptly. Not a good idea because that made him nauseous and he held his head.

I laughed at him and turned fully towards him. "Oh? Where?"

After recovering for a second, Frankie got to his feet. "Surprise, babe!" He planted a kiss on my forehead as he walked out.

"Where are you going?" I wanted to know and followed him into the doorway.

He shrugged on his leather jacket and opened the door. "Home; I have to prepare something first!"

Oh man. I went back to my homework and started my English essay, hoping that time would pass faster when I was distracted. Frank had the habit to do wild things but he could be pretty sweet too. So there was a fifty-fifty chance of getting a super cute date or a situation I potentially had to bail us out of trouble. This should be a fun evening. Though, I hoped for the first. A date would be the best end for this day.

By the time, my doorbell rang again, it was completely dark outside and I had traded the top I was wearing for a comfortable hoodie I had stolen from Frank.

I put on my jacket and opened the door. "Hey, babe."

Frank gave me a kiss and then guided me to his pick-up, not letting me look at the back. Huh, probably because it was messy as usual.

"Sooo, where are we going?" I tried again as I climbed into the car. Frank closed door for me and then went to the drivers seat.

He chuckled and took my hand. "I'm not telling."

"Hm" I pouted, "can I guess?"

"Sure"

"To your home and have a movie night?"

"No"

"Then maybe to a cinema with the night show?"

"Nope"

"Breaking in an abandoned Walmart?"

"That's a great idea but no. We're there by the way."

He parked in the middle of nowhere, what confused me slightly. What did we want here? Frank came around the car to open my door and helped me out. Then he walked me to the back of the truck that I now could see was full of pillows and blankets. It looked comfortable as hell and I thought I knew what he planned.

I squealed. "Oh my God, that's so cute!"

"I wanted to take you stargazing, baby because you talked about it today and why not with a little cuddle in between?" Frankie proposed, smiling proudly at his idea.

I tackled him on top of the pillows and kissed him. He stumbled but could catch us on time and pressed me against his front.

We climbed in fully, pulling the blankets over us. My head was on his arm that was put around my shoulder and we stared up in the clear sky. There were hundreds and thousands of stars up there you could see because no streetlights were anywhere near. The tree tops of the forest around only completed the picture.

"It's so beautiful," I whispered, not daring to cut the silence.

Frank laughed quietly. "I could say something really cheesy now, but yeah it's really beautiful."

I got up in my elbows and looked at him. "And what would that be?"

"That I could wish for nothing more than to have my beautiful girlfriend in my arms while staring at the night sky and seeing her happy," Frank said, looking me deeply in the eyes and putting his hand on my cheek.

I giggled. "Yes, that was really cheesy." I leaned over to him, "but I loved it."

And then I kissed him again, slower this time and filled with love. His hands went into my hair, angling my head slightly as he deepened the kiss. I sighed contently against his lips and pulled away, smiling down at him.

"I love you," I told him.

Frank smiled softly up at me in the dim light of the stars. "I love you too"

We layed back down and enjoyed the silence with the blankets keeping us warm. Still, I stayed as close to my boyfriend as possible. But he felt my need for being held and had a strong grip around my waist, holding me to him.

Then, Frank jumped up, leaving me shivering. "I brought chocolate!"

I laughed at his enthusiasm and waited until he came back with my favourite that he handed to me. "Babe, you're perfect."

"I know," he said cocky but giggled and fell back down, pulling me with him.

I fed him a tiny piece of my chocolate but missed and nearly shoved it up his nose. Oops. That made me only laugh harder.

For the rest of the night, we goofed around or stayed silent and cuddled. To be honest, that was probably the best date so far and I loved him so much for doing this for me.

As I was drifting in and out of sleep, Frank shook me awake. "Come on, babe we should get home."

"Five more minutes," I mumbled sleepily.

I heard him sigh and then got picked up suddenly. To steady myself, I held onto his neck as he lowered me in the frontseat. I must have been asleep for the ride and the getting home because next think I knew was that I was carried inside and felt being put down.

Frank tried to pry my grip from his neck, but I held closer. "Stay with me"

He chuckled. "I'm not going away, I just want to get out of this jeans."

I pouted, eyes remaining closed. "Hurry up"

He did as told and then climbed into bed next to me and pulled me in his arms. I immediately threw my arm over him and cuddled on top of him.

"Your mom will kill me."

"I'm gonna save you," I mumbled. "And she loves you so no"

"If you say so. Sleep, baby it's late."

I nodded tiredly. "Frankie?"

"Yes, Y/N?"

"Thank you for the beautiful date. Love you"

"I love you too"

Then, I fell asleep, content and in the arms of the boy I loved.