hello mood swings, my dear friends [Mikey]

Being pregnant sucked. Well, of course there were some cool things, like having a child and being able to eat anything without being questioned about it. But the nausea, swollen feet and especially the mood swings were pretty annoying. And I was only in the fourth month so how would it be in the ninth?

Right now, I was sitting in the living room and ate a bowl of ice cream and occasionally threw a tomato in my mouth. Delicious.

Mikey was out somewhere today. He told me that the band was having some important meeting or the like so I had to entertain myself. So I watched Netflix and ate.

The next episode of friends was about to start when my phone made a noise.

Mind if I come over? Gerard had written.

Confused, I picked it up. Maybe they were already finished and wanted to make sure I was okay with that?

So I shot him a quick Sure.

I pushed myself off the sofa and went to the kitchen to put the bowl away and instead made myself a tea and coffee for the boys. Absent-minded, I rubbed my stomach and the slight bump that was already showing a tiny big through Mikey's sweater.

Not even five minutes later, the doorbell rang. Huh? Shouldn't they take a bit longer?

Still, I went to open and revealed a grinning Gerard who engulfed me in a hug. "Hey, Y/N how are you two doing?"

We had told him a week ago that he would be an uncle and he was ecstatic ever since. It was honestly the second cutest reaction, after Mikey's of course.

"We're good, just feeling a bit bloated," I told him honestly.

Gerard then pushed me back to the sofa. "Then go and sit down. Where's Mikey by the way?"

Perplexed, I looked up at him. "He told me there was an important meeting with the band."

My thoughts already began to race. What if he needed space? What if I was annoying him with my mood swings and endless begs for food? It would only get worse, I knew this from my family. I couldn't blame him for not wanting to deal with that.

I felt the tears already building up in my eyes and tried to suppress them. I would not cry in front of Gerard so he would be annoyed by me, too. This thought didn't help because now I felt even more pathetic.

Gerard on the other hand stood with his back to me because he was helping himself to a coffee and only said: "No, everything's settled by now. He said he would spend some time with you."

And the tears began flowing. So he needed to get away, otherwise Mikey wouldn't have lied to us. What if he was having an affair? Who could blame him honestly? I woul grow pretty far over the next few weeks and what if he didn't find me desirable afterwards?

Finally, Gerard turned around and saw me sitting there crying. His eyes grew wide and he hurried to me. He sat down next to me and pulled me in his side. Though, he must feel pretty overwhelmed by me, Gerard handles the situation well.

"Sh, he probably has a good explanation for this. Please don't cry," The singer pleaded while he stroked my back.

"S-sorry. But what if he doesn't? Maybe he thinks that I'm not good enough anymore? Lo-look at me, I'm a mess and it's only the fourth month!" I exclaimed, sobbing in his chest.

He flinched slightly at my firm grip in his shirt and the skin underneath. "No, you're not a mess. Your hormones are only going crazy at the moment and that's perfectly normal for a pregnancy. Mikey would never think that and if he does, I will kick his ass. Though, he has to do some explaining when he gets back," Gerard promised with a grim expression.

Objectively, I knew that most of this were the hormones but that didn't make these feelings go away so I cried for a while on his shoulder. Finally, the tears stopped and I sat up straight.

"Sorry, for that," I mumbled while rubbing my eyes.

Gerard shook his head and chuckled. "Don't apologise. But I originally came to get my comic back, so do you know where my brother has it?"

"Oh, yeah, wait a second," I said, already getting up and going to the bedroom.

A strange feeling spread through my abdomen, like there was something moving. The baby just kicked!

"Gerard, come here!" I shouted.

I heard hurried footsteps. "Are you alright? Did you hurt yourself?" He fired questions, worriedly. Oops, probably not my best idea to shout when I had been crying earlier. Well.

"Yeah, the baby just kicked!" I told him, excitedly while I held my stomach and felt it again.

I snatched his hand and placed it on my skin. Gerard softly felt around and stared at me with an amazed expression as he felt the next kick. "Woah. Mikey needs to feel this."

Cue for me crying again. "Oh shit. Sorry, he'll be here, I promise, Y/N," Gerard said, pulling me back into a hug to comfort me.

I was getting kind of annoyed by myself for the crying. But where was Mikey and why had he been lying about where he went?

As if he knew my thoughts, I heard the front door open and my fiancé shouted: "I'm home!"

Footsteps were heard through the house, coming in our direction. It only made me cry harder.

"Oh, hey Gee. Is everything-" Mikey started innocently but his brother growled at him.

"You better explain yourself, Micheal. Your pregnant fiancée is crying because of you right now," He lectured his brother sternly.

"But why? I mean I was just out- Oh! No, Y/N, I wanted to surprise you!" Mikey stuttered what made me look up with a tear streaked face.

His complete body language expressed guilt and he opened his arms for me. Hesitantly, I went over and let his familiar scent and kiss on my head comfort me.

"I love you,  baby. I brought some things for the nursery and wanted to surprise you with it," He confessed, sounding as guilty as his eyes told me he was.

Gerard behind us huffed. "Should have at least told me that so this wouldn't happen, asshole," He mumbled annoyed but you could hear that he wasn't actually mad.

I pulled away and pecked his lips. "Don't ever scare me like that."

"Forgive me please?" Mikey begged and gave me his best puppy eyes. I giggled and nodded.

"Oh!" I felt the baby kick again.

Mikey and Gerard both stared at me worriedly. "What does 'oh' mean? Babe, is everything okay?"

Wordlessly, I took his hand and placed it on my swollen abdomen. His hands were warm and felt around for a moment just like Gerard's. The second kick was stronger and made Mikey perk up. "Was that...?"

I grinned brightly. "Yeah, they're moving," I confirmed his unspoken question.

"Oh my God. Gee, feel this!" He exclaimed amazed.

Gerard only giggled. "Already did, buddy. I'll head out now and give you two or three some time alone."

We nodded and stood there in our bedroom, our hands intertwined on my slight baby bump and feeling for more kicks.

"That is so amazing!" Mikey said happily and kissed me enthusiastically. I laughed into it but couldn't stop smiling myself. Hello, mood swings again. Two minutes ago I was bawling my eyes out and now I felt like hugging the world.

We went to the bed and sat down on it, me between Mikey's legs. He told me about the things he bought and planned on putting in the room tomorrow and I nodded along, listening to his excitement about our kid. Our hands stayed on my stomach, waiting for the next movement and cooing at it as soon as it was there.