little Emerson is the cutest (though Ray is pretty adorable himself) [Ray]

"Remember that you love me and always wanted that I finally get my shit together and ask Patrick out," Were the first words my brother, Pete, said as he barged into my room.

I rolled my eyes. What kind of start was that? I put my book down and gave him my full attention. "What do you want?"

"Well first of all, Patrick said yes!" He exclaimed giddily and had the biggest smile on his face.

I couldn't help but smile, too. "That's awesome, Petey!" My twin had crushed on the admittedly cute boy for the longest time and I had finally convinced to talk to him.

"Yeah, and we want to go to the movies," He told me "today."

I groaned. That  was what he wanted from me. We babysat in the neighborhood occasionally and today the kids would even stay overnight with us because their parents were going out for the weekend.

"You want me to babysit alone," I stated and stared at him accusingly.

Pete nodded, hope glistening in his eyes along with excitement for his date. It would be cruel if I said no to that. Oh, fuck it. But having a little but if fun wouldn't hurt.

"Please, Y/N, I'll do anything!" He begged.

I contemplated for a moment. "But I can't possibly be alone with three kids."

Pete faltered. "Yeah, I guess Patrick will get that."

Okay, that was enough of me being mean.

"Great for you then that Ray asked to come over and promised his help," I said nonchalantly while I picked my book up again.

Well, I intended to pick it up but my brother had jumped on me and hugged me tightly. "Thank you, thank you thankyouthankyou!"

I laughed. "No problem. No get yourself ready, I bet you said you'll be there in ten minutes or so."

In fact, he grew pale at my words and a glance at the clock. "Actually fifteen!" Pete shouted while already pulling off his shirt and sprinting in his room.

I shook my head at my messy brother. My phone began to ring and I picked it up.

"Hey, can I bring the boys earlier? We have to pick something up first," Mrs Kropp told me without a greeting and sounded like she was already outside and pretty stressed.

Wow, her planning was even worse than Pete's. "I guess but-"

"Great! I'm already on my way." Click.

Hurriedly, I selected Ray's contact and now called him.

"Hello, sorry for the short notice but Pete has a date and the kids are coming earlier so can you maybe get here like now?" I pleaded as I was walking to the living room to make it toddler-friendly.

Ray laughed. "Sounds exactly like your family. I'll be there in five."

As I was checking the fridge for the dinner that at least that was going according to plan, the doorbell rang.

Mrs. Kropp was on the other side with a crying Emerson sitting on her hip, Remington clutching her hand and Sebastian hiding behind her. Okay, I had to give her that she looked like she needed the break. So I put on a smile and took Emerson from her.

Luckily, he liked me and cuddled into me and stopped crying.

"How do you do that? You're seriously the only person who can calm him down so fast," Their mother wondered and gave me the bags with the things for the boys.

I shrugged. "Don't know"

"Thank you for taking them for the weekend by the way. I know you kids normally have better things to do on a Friday evening and I really appreciate that you help us out," She thanked me with an honest smile. After all, she was a sweet person. Just a little overworked sometimes.