fuck those fireworks [Mikey]

Sometimes, the perks of being friends with rockstars were pretty awesome. At the moment, I was in the front row of one of their concerts and Gee was smirking down at me while the fans around me we're going crazy because they thought he was looking at them. Well, he was, obviously, but I knew this smirk that said that he would do something crazy in the next moments and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop him. Please don't snog Frank again, I'd like to keep my eardrums.

I laughed and sang with him while I looked over the rest of the band. Frank was jumping around like ever and Ray was on the other side of the stage and winked at me as he saw me looking. No, I had no idea why he spotted me so fast, probably because I was the first one being there. I helped them with some last minute stuff and then disappeared in the crowd. So he knew where I stood approximately.

And Mikey was next to Frank, standing relatively calm. Damn, I liked his hair like this, falling in his face and long. We knew each other since kindergarten and were inseparable from the moment I pushed him down the slide. He was the person I went to with problems and I was the one who always believed in him and the band. From day one, I was with them on the road or a call away. I loved these boys to death.

Now, I was in their crowd and I couldn't be more proud how far they came.

Wait, wouldn't there be fireworks coming out of the stage? Like in a few moments if I remembered it right.  Oh fuck, at the very place, Mikey was standing.

Subconsciously, I stopped dancing and stared up in horror. Mikey would move, I was sure. So I continued to enjoy the show after calming myself down. But this asshole didn't move.

Gerard seemed to notice it too and motioned for his brother. That didn't help, he only waved at him and I was definitely getting nervous in the crowd. No one seemed to notice the problem and instead was having their best time. Great, I couldn't just run up there and push him away.

But I didn't need to do so because now, Gerard just walked over to Mikey, grabbed him around the waist and carried him a few feet away right as the fireworks exploded. That was a little too close for my liking but thank fucking God.

If I hadn't been so relieved, I would laugh at the cute sight of Mikey pulling in his knees and getting carried around while playing his bass and then getting plopped down again.

The show continued like nothing had happened and I sang along to every line until the end. I mean, what else should I do?

After the show, I went straight to their dressing room and marched in.

"Oh hey, Y/N! What did you think of-?" Ray greeted me, smiling brightly and sweaty.

"Micheal James Way! What the fuck do you think you were doing there?" I interrupted him. I had been worried shitless and this was the only way I could let it out.

Mikey looked like a deer in headlights, towel around his shoulders and was even more confused when I threw myself in his arms. "You could've hurt yourself if Gee hadn't carried you away!"

My best friend awkwardly catched me. I just ignored the fact that he was drenched in sweat."What?"

"You were right over the fireworks and didn't move!" I said and shook his shoulders, trying to get my point throw his stubborn brain.

Apparently, I had gotten the attention of all of them because now, Frank interfered: "But Gee was there. Everything's fine, Y/N why are you so worked up about this?"

Why I was so worked up? Because I loved this boy and didn't want to lose him over such a dumb thing as fireworks on a concert! Wait, I loved him?

Well, that would explain the butterflies and that Mikey's hugs were the only thing that could calm me down after a stressful day. And that he could change my mood with only his presence.I loved my best friend. Oh fuck.

"Because I don't want him to get hurt in such a dumb way!"

Mikey still stayed frustratingly chill. "I'm fine. Gerard was there so there is no reason to worry about me. We did more risky stuff than this, why is it bugging you so much?"

That was unbelievable. "Because I love you, asshole and couldn't bear seeing you get hurt," I told him, exasperated and immediately clutched my hands over my mouth. Oops, that shouldn't get out this fast.

Ray coughed loudly and said into the stunned silence that followed my words: "I could use a shower, Frank, Gee?"

"Oh, definitely"

"Uhm, yeah"

Mikey was kind of just staring at me. Could he please react already? This stare was getting uncomfortable and I started to play with the hem of my shirt. "What?!"

"You love me?" He finally stuttered out, still looking intently at my face with an unreadable expression.

I blushed. "I just realised myself so don't look at me like that."

He laughed. "Oh fuck, I never thought that I would hear these words from you. You have no idea how long I've been waiting."

Now, it was my turn to be confused. "What?"

Smiling softly, Mikey stepped closer to me and put his hands on my waist. I waited for an explanation and was frozen in place. "You didn't know?"

"What?" I started to feel like I was missing something.

"That I liked you for the longest time. I mean, I didn't even try to hide it," Mikey said, laughing quietly.

My mouth formed a silent 'oh'. So he liked me back!

"I'm oblivious, okay?" I replied defiantly, blushing an even deeper shade of red.

Again, he giggled quietly. "I noticed."

That being made clear, I gave him my best puppy eyes through my lashes but couldn't contain the huge smile. "And when will you kiss me then?"

Shaking his head, he mirrored my grin and leaned down until our noses were touching.

"I waited so long for this," he mumbled so close to my lips that I could feel the breath fanning over them.

Mikey's lips felt soft on mine, way softer than I imagined them to be. I put my hands in his neck and let myself fall against his chest as he moved his hands from my waist up my back and held me tighter. We kissed for a while slowly when the band came back in.

"That was totally unexpected," Frank said ironically.

To annoy him, Mikey pulled me even closer and kissed me harder. That made me laugh and in return we had to stop. Mikey kept his arms loosely around me.

But I freed myself and flew in Gerard's arms instead. "Thank you for saving Mikey."

Gee chuckled and patted my back. "No problem. But please let go of me, I'd like to live a few more days."

Wondering what he meant, I turned around and saw Mikey staring grimly.

"So you're the jealous type, huh?" I teased him.

He crossed his arms and pouted. "I just told you I like you and kissed you and then you throw yourself at my brother?"

I knew that he wasn't serious and so did the band so we all erupted into giggles. Eventually, Mikey fell in, too but pulled me in his side. It was kind of cute.

"So you're together?" Ray questioned as we calmed down and had made ourselves comfortable on the sofas that were standing around.

Mikey and I looked at each other. He pecked my lips again after giving me a questioning look and I had nodded. "Yup."

Gerard groaned. "Oh fucking finally!"