midnight visit [Mikey]

Driving at midnight was always an experience. The world felt muted and with the right choice of music, I could drive for hours. We had just left my grandparents, my parents talking in the front seat about nothing important.

And all of the sudden it wasn't enough anymore. I leaned over to tap my mom on the shoulder. "Mom?"

"Yes?" She turned around to look at me with an open smile.

Mikey's house was right on our way. I wanted him to hold me so bad now. I didn't even know why, I just wanted him to. "Can you drop me off at the Way's?"

Thankfully, mom didn't ask why and just nodded. It had to be something about my expression, as her face softened even more. She tapped dad on the shoulder as I put my headphones back in and said something. What was most likely a long-suffering sigh left his lips as he swerved right instead of left.

Not even ten minutes later, we stopped in front of the Way's porch and I grabbed my purse. My shoes were dangling from my fingers as I waved at the driving car. Mom blew me a kiss and shooed me away. God, I was so glad that I just wore a simple shirt and leggings and nothing fancy.

Just now I realized that I didn't even check if they were home. Oh shit.

Now it was too late anyway. I went to the door and knocked, hoping that I wouldn't wake up Mrs Way.

Thankfully I didn't. Only a very sleepy Gerard stood there and looked at me confused. "Y/N? Mikey didn't say that you'd come over."

"Uh," I coughed, "that's because I didn't say that I would?"

He gave me a once over and then sighed. Probably just wanted to go back to bed. I gave him an apologetic smile but Gerard just waved it off. "He's in his room. Mom and dad are sleeping so try to be quiet."

"Thanks, Gee"

Eye roll. "Don't mention it. Just go and get that cuddle, you look like you need it."

Rude. With a huff I put my shoes next to the door and tiptoed upstairs, purse clutched under my arm.

At Mikey's door, I listened for any sort of indicator that he was still awake. Not that I really expected him to sleep but you never know. As I didn't hear anything, I knocked quietly and waited. No answer.

Another knock was just as fruitless so I decided that I would just walk in and if he really was sleeping, I would just go and annoy Gerard. But my boyfriend wasn't asleep.

He layed with his phone in his hands, earphones in his ears on his back and stared intently at the little screen. There was no doubt that the music had to be turned up to the highest setting. Mikey was already wearing his nightclothes, an old t-shirt and sweatpants and his glasses looked like they would fall down anytime. Which was impressive as gravity alone should have been pulling them close to his face.

"Mikey?" I spoke up quietly, not wanting to just fall down next to him.

To my surprise, he actually heard me. His head whipped up and I could see his eyes widen from my point next to the door. Mikey ripped out the headphones at once and sat up. "Babe! What are you doing here? Are you alright?"

"Can I get a hug?" I asked timidly (no, I didn't know why I was shy all of the sudden; had probably to do with the fact that this was the first time I showed up uninvited).

There came that smile that was reserved for me. Mikey patted the bed next to him and fluffed up the blanket. "Then get here, Babe."

Happily, I did so and let him pull me into his side. I leaned up and pressed a kiss to his cheek as Mikey wrapped one arm around my shoulder.

"Not that I don't love to see you but are you really alright?" Mikey nudged me with his shoulder playfully as he asked this, "I'm a little concerned here."

I snuggled closer into his side and pulled my legs underneath me. Mikey accepted this and in turn out his other arm around me too.

"Don't be," my voice was muffled by his shirt, "'m just clingy. Wanted to hug you 'nd fall asleep with you."

"You're not clingy, silly. Your fucking cute, you know that?" Mikey chuckled and pressed a kiss on my hair.

I could feel my cheeks heat up at that. "Am not."

Mikey laughed and shook his head. "Keep telling yourself that."

"Dick."

"Hey, you wanted to come over, you have to like me at least a little."

"Nope."

"Cool, then I'll get up now and get me a water." And that fucker actually did it.

With a pout on my lips (that he couldn't see but I made sure he felt as I had my head still against his neck), I tightened my grip on his torso to hold him in place. "No."

"No?" I could hear the amused eyebrow raise in that single syllabus. And the suppressed smile.

So I just shook my head again. That prompted Mikey to sigh dramatically. "Well then. I guess, I have no choice."

"Yup," I nodded and wiggled a little around, unsatisfied with our current position, "but can we lie down?"

"You're insufferable," Mikey stated, now obviously amused.

But he did as I asked and scooted down. After a bit of shuffling around, we now were under his covers, Mikey's left arm under my upper back and my head resting on his chest. I had my own arm slung over his torso and our legs were tangled together under the blanket. The steady rise and fall of Mikey's breathing and his warm presence next to/around me were like a warm blanket and a book that you love to me. A feeling of home. I sighed happily and turned my head to look at my boyfriend.

Who was already smiling down at me, "Better now?"

"Very much so," I said and stretched a little bit to plant a kiss right on ghe top of his nose.

Mikey sneezed which in turn made me laugh and him glare playfully. "Do not laugh at me."

"I wouldn't dare."

Eye roll. "'course you wouldn't."

I grinned overly brightly at him before I let my head drop back down. We stayed silent after that, just content to be in each other's presence. Obviously, we both weren't the least bit tired enough to fall asleep just now but we enjoyed the quiet. That was something that had made me realize just how much I loved Mikey. He didn't expect me to always have something to talk about and it wasn't awkward.

But Mikey broke the silence though. "You wanna listen to music until we fall asleep?"

"Is that even a question?" I gave back while I was already untangling the headphones.

Mikey breathed out a laugh and took the offered piece. "You better choose some good songs."

"As if I wouldn't."