rocking around the Christmas tree [Frank]

"Why do we do this last minute again?" I whined to my boyfriend who tried desperately to stop our tree from falling over again. It would have been quite the funny sight if I wasn't holding the other side of the tree. Still, I couldn't contain a little giggle as Frank had to use his complete strength to hold it up. He looked so small next to it.

Frank grunted as the tree moved closer to the floor. "Because we are both chaotic?"

I sighed and gripped tighter as the needles poked into my bare hands. I should have put on gloves, damn. "You got a point. Hold on, I think we have it."

And finally, our Christmas tree was secured. I stepped back hesitantly and admired our work together as Frank came over to me and slung his arm around my shoulder as he pressed a little kiss to the side of my head. "Told ya it would work.I'll go and get the ornaments."

And away he went again. I shook my head at the energy of this man and sat down instead. It was the morning of Christmas Eve and like every year, we were putting up the tree last minute. I blamed it on the fact that Frank came home literally yesterday night, but deep down I knew that I was just procrastinating on doing it alone. But it was so much more fun to do with my boyfriend.

Who now came back with so much boxes stacked onto each other that I could barely see his face. I laughed and walked over to take some from his arms.

Frank sighed and pressed a short kiss on my cheek. "Thanks, babe."

He was so affectionate right after he came home. Of course, Frank would always show affection and all but especially after we had been apart from each other for so long it was hard to even leave the room without him following me. It was cute and one of the reasons why I fell so hard for Frank. We were both people who needed physical touch so badly and were the most clingy people you would meet. Gerard had remarked on it more than once but always with a warm smile, showing that he was just teasing. I could live with it as long as I got my cuddles from Frank.

Said person was now opening the first box to pull out the fake candles for the tree.

"Babe, can you stand over there so we can pass the chord around the tree?" Frank asked and pointed over to the opposite side of the room.

I did so and hummed softly to the song playing. Soon we were both full on singing while hanging different ornaments up, some self-made, some bought at a random store, some pretty fancy.

"Thiiiis year to save me from tears I'll give it to someone special," Frank sang horribly and then pointed at me to make me sing the next verse.

Unfortunately, his horrible singing along with his weird dance moves, if you could even call it that, made me laugh so hard that I could barely breath.

Frank pouted. "Can't leave me hanging like that, Baby."

I was still trying to regain my breath what just got significantly harder as Frank kept singing, now with a frown to show me that he felt betrayed for me not singing along.

Luckily, the song was over and I finally calmed down again. I shook my head at my still pouting boyfriend and walked over to him to wrap my arms around his torso.

"Stop the frown, Frankie," I whispered in his ear and kissed his nose.

He tried his best to keep it, furrowed his eyebrows and pressed his eyes together as he shook his head stubbornly. But I could see the corner of his mouth twitching into an involuntary smile. Then he groaned. "Why are you so cute? I can't stay mad at you like that."

I laughed and squeezed myself close to him, looking up at his face. "Then just don't. Also it's a pretty dumb reason to be mad over if you ask me. Just because I couldn't sing."

Now, Frank had to laugh too and bend down for a kiss instead. Well, attempted to because we were both laughing too hard. I couldn't exactly tell what was so funny or why we behaved like this. I blamed it on the fact that we were together again and both of our crazinesses clashed now.

"I think we need to finish this," Frank said and nodded to the tree that only missed a few more fairy lights and the star on top.

I sighed and let go. "Can you hold me up so I can put the star on?"

"Sure"

Then, I took the big silver snowflake that we used as star while Frank crouched down for me to get on his shoulders. With a little bit of support from the wall, he got up again and walked, maybe slightly wobblier than normal, over to our Christmas tree and clutched my thighs with a firm grip so I couldn't fall.

"Just a bit closer, Frank," I instructed as I leaned over and just couldn't reach it.

He took another hesitant step and now it was perfect reach for me. God, we were small. I secured the ornament as good as possible so we didn't have to do this again and then motioned for Frank to step back. It was probably getting  heavy for him by now as I could hear the strained breaths.

Then, Frank lost his balance. I screamed, terrified and held onto his hands that were clutching my thighs.

And the asshole laughed as he stood back up straight. I reached my hand to the ceiling to support myself there as my boyfriend's body was shaken by his laughs. "You should have heard you!'

"That's not funny, I thought I was dying!" I exclaimed, maybe a little exaggerated, "let me down!"

Because Frank knew me well enough to notice when I was serious, he immediately bent down and let me climb off of his shoulders. Though, he was still laughing as I glared at him. Or attempted to because his laugh was too contagious for me just not to.

"Next time wait before I'm at the ground. I could have hurt you or something," I told him through my own giggles.

Frank waved it off. "Nah, I got it. You were perfectly safe, babe, just wanted to give you a little fright."

"You know that I hate you sometimes?" I groaned and went back to putting on the last lights.

Smirking, Frank helped me. "No, you love me."

We plugged the lights in and then stared in awe for a moment. The tree was beautiful. The candles glowed in a warm yellow light, the ornaments were in every colour of the rainbow and reflected the lights or glittered themselves. I breathed in deeply to smell the familiar scent of pines that I always associated with Christmas.

Without me noticing, Frank had once again wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Now, I stared up at him with probably hearts in my eyes. He grinned down at me and pecked my lips.

"Yes, I do, Frankie"

---

It's Christmaaaaas!
Have a good day everyone and stay safe.
Love you💜