I don't feel good [Mikey]

Coming home, I did not expect to see my boyfriend's jacket next to the door already. Just this morning, Mikey had moaned about how Gerard wanted to work overtime to finish this song. And now he was home already, despite the fact that I was technically early today.

"Baby?" I shouted into the house as I got out of my coat.

Instead of a proper reply, I only got a cough from the general direction of the living room. Concerned by the sounds, I let the coat be a coat and followed the sniffling noises. The picture that presented myself was an odd combination of cute and pitiful.

Mikey was buried under multiple blankets with only his head peeking out from the pile. His nose and cheeks were unnaturally red and covered in sweat. The worst was the expression my boyfriend was sending me. He stared up at me, sniffling and his eyes glazed over. I crouched down next to the blanket burrito and put my hand on his forehead only to feel his skin burning under my fingertips. The skin that wasn't red, was awfully pale.

"Hey Darling," he whispered hoarsely and got shaken by violent coughs a second later.

I helped him sit up and rubbed my hand over his chest. My mom had always did this when I had been sick and it had always helped. It seemed to help Mikey as well as he calmed down slowly. He gave me a grateful smile and mumbled, "I don't feel good."

"I see that, Baby," I told him and pulled a strand of hair that stuck to his forehead. Now that I thought about it, Mikey had complained along with the long workday ahead of him about a stuffed nose and a headache. Then, I just thought it was just a way to get out of Gerard's vice like grip when it came to recording.

But for the moment, Mikey was my priority so I stroked his cheek and rose up from my place next to him. "Stay right there. I'm gonna get you a tea and some cough syrup."

"No cough syrup," he whined but I ignored him and went to the kitchen.

As I came back, Mikey had moved back down and had rolled in on himself like a little kid. He perked up as he heard me approaching but started to pout as he saw the little brown bottle with the medicine. "No, it tastes bad."

"But it helps, Mikey." I was aware that I sounded like a mother hen but I couldn't find a care to stop. Mikey was feeling bad and I was determined to change that.

Even if he decided to be a stubborn little kid. With an accusing stare, he pressed his lips together and shook his head. But I could be stubborn too, so I just kept my hand with the syrup extended and stared him down in return. I knew that I had won as Mikey sighed heavily. He opened his mouth and gagged as soon as the cough syrup hit his tongue.

Like the nice person I was, I handed him the tea to wash it down with. It didn't save me from Mikey's betrayed glares though. I could live with it. "You're worse than Gerard, you know that?"

I beamed at him happily. "Thank you!"

"That wasn't a compliment," Mikey grumbled but visibly had to suppress a smile, "That fucker sent me home after I started to sneeze just the slightest bit."

And because karma was a thing, my boyfriend immediately fell into a sneezing fit. Wordlessly, I handed him the box of tissues. At least that answered my question why he had been home so early. I wasn't the only mother hen fretting over him but Gerard too. That was our job as his older brother and partner and it was even more entertaining when Mikey protested loudly. But at the moment he didn't seem to be capable of much protest. In fact, he looked worn out from the sneezing already so I coaxed him gently back down.

The lack of fight and rather the little sigh told me just how bad Mikey felt what made me feel bad for him in return. I wanted to cuddle up to him to make him feel better but my grumbling stomach stopped me. Mikey didn't look like he would be able to hold much down though. "Hey Baby, what about a soup for dinner."