Oh Joy, Overthinking [Mikey]

Never in my life, I had thought that sleeping over at someone's house would make me this nervous. And here I was, almost shaking. Damn, I was even more dramatic than I thought.

It wasn't like I didn't know the person, in fact I knew him very well. Mikey was my boyfriend so it would be pretty weird if I didn't know him.

But the point was, that I would spend the night today with him for the first time. And God, I was nervous. Not because I feared that Mikey wanted to do things; he was way too sweet to even try anything as long as I wasn't completely comfortable.

The problem at hand wasn't exactly a problem and more me overreacting. We sure were sleeping in the same bed and my wonderful brain was offering me every possible variation of how I could fuck up. What if I talked in my sleep? What if I made strange noises? Or kicked him in the balls? Or generally moved around too much?

Ah, the fun of being an over thinker.

"Darling?" Mikey stood suddenly in front of me.

I squeaked embarrassingly and blushed deeply. And my boyfriend laughed. Thanks a lot.

"Yes?" I tried to sound casual but I was almost ninety percent sure that it didn't work.

Arms were wrapped around my waist as Mikey moved us to his bed and nuzzled his face into my neck. "Where were you?"

"Here?"

A kiss to my neck. Not expectant of anything sexual, just soft and full of love. Damn, I was so smitten with this guy. And we had been together for only a month.

"Yeah, physically. Where was that cute little mind of yours? I have tried to get your attention for the last ten minutes now," Mikey complained with a smile in his voice.

That certainly didn't help the blush that now travelled down my neck as well. "Uhm, nowhere important. What did you want?"

My boyfriend raised his head to look at me. He didn't believe me but let it rest for the moment and nudged me gently to the headrest so we could lean against it. "Okay, Darling. I was just checking whether you were alright and if you wanted to watch a movie. The night is young and I'm not the least bit tired."

"A movie sounds awesome," I agreed and pulled the blanket up and over my legs.

While I got more comfortable, Mikey rolled out of bed to get more snacks and his laptop.

As he came back, I held up the blanket for him to crawl underneath and opened my arms and legs. Mikey took the invitation and sat down in front of me with his back against my front. His head rested near my collar bone as he was moved down a little. Perfect angle for me to play with his hair. Mikey was due to a haircut but honestly I liked how long it was at the moment.

While Mikey started the movie and immediately was engrossed in the story, I softly played with his hair and made a few tiny braids. By now, my nerves had calmed down again and I was actually getting a little drowsy.

Mikey leaned into my touch and hummed quietly. "Feels good, Darling."

"Thank you," I grinned and placed a kiss on the top of his head.

"You're makin' me sleepy," he mumbled and turned his head lightly to rub it against my neck.

I giggled. "What about the night being young?"

At first Mikey only grunted tiredly. But then, he pulled together some strength to switch off the movie and cast the laptop to the side. "Don't care. Sleep?"

His tired, scratchy voice sent shivers down my spine and I nodded. Suddenly, I wasn't so tired anymore and got nervous again as Mikey grabbed his sleepwear and went to the bathroom.