the party I don't wanna be at and its good outcome [Gerard]

I was at Frank's birthday party, standing in a corner and feeling out of place. I never really liked parties but this midget got to convince me somehow to come.

I didn't understand how he knew so many people but the house was packed. Or maybe he just invited the whole school, who knew with this maniac?

If it wasn't for my best friend, I would have gone home by now but he knew how to get me to stay. Frank had promised that he would at least spent a few minutes with me and that Gerard would be here, too.

This sneaky bastard knew that I had a crush on the cute boy and used this fact to his full advantage. Like now, to coax me into coming to this party. Oh, how I hated him some times. These people started to make me uncomfortable and I crossed my arms in front my chest protectively.

"Y/N! Great you made it!" Ray greeted me enthusiastically and handed me a drink. Originally, I told them that I didn't know if I would come but, again, Frank lured me here with the fact that Gerard would be here.

"Yeah, my parents even made me stay the night because they're out of town and don't want me to be alone," I told him over the music. This way, I could spend some quiet time with Frank and didn't have to be alone at home.

Ray smiled at that. "Cool. Mikey, Gee and I are staying, too so see you later!" And with that he went away.

After greeting the birthday boy, who was surprisingly hard to find, and being forced to talk to some people, I finally had the chance to escape. Almost running, I went up into Frank's room and locked the door behind me. I didn't want to have a drunk couple stumble into the room, making out and not noticing me. Awkward situation, I could definitely live without.

I fell down onto his bed and pulled out my phone to read a little bit. Up here, it was way more quiet and I was relieved to be able to hear my own thoughts again.

Suddenly a knock on the door pulled me out of the story. I went to open and was greeted with a tall boy with long black hair and a cute nose. He looked through his hair down at me and smiled lightly.

"Frank said, I'd find you here. May I come in?" Gerard asked shyly.

"Of course. But why are you here? The party's downstairs," I stated, confused by his presence. Not that I didn't like it.

He laughed. "Yeah, I know and that's the reason I'm here to be honest."

"Huh?"

Gerard stepped into the room and fell down on Frank's bed, making himself comfortable. "There are too many people and I needed some quiet time. Also I wanted to say hi to you since Frank told me you'd be there."

At the last sentence my heart fluttered a bit but I ignored it. Because, come on, he only wanted to see me, no need to interpret more into a friendly gesture and make my hopes rise up.

I sat down next to his torso and tried not to be too obviously awkward. Sure, I had already spent time with him but normally we were with the rest of our friend group. While I was thinking about it, this was probably the first time that we've been alone for more than a minute.

"So... Why are you up here, Y/N? Not enjoying the party?" Gerard asked into the silence that had developed.

I shrugged. "I don't like big crowds and there are too many people I don't know, so I'm hiding in Frank's room," I explained and pulled one leg up on the bed and put it underneath me.

Gerard supported himself on his elbow to look at me properly. "Then why did you come? Not to sound rude, I'm glad you're here," He added, staring through some strands of hair that had fallen into his face up to me.