Chapter 34: Change of Plans

Ruby sighed as she takes in the fresh air and how festive everyone seemed to be.

But the fear of the ceremony was still on her mind.

"Are you ok?" Keith asked.

"Yeah." Ruby replied untruthfully.

But Keith was not buying it, and could see that she was still worried about her Inheritance Ceremony.

Which made him wonder on what he could do to cheer her up.

He then perks up when an idea came to mind.

Smiling happily, he grabs her hand and pulls her away, "Come on!" And the only thing Ruby could do was yelp as she is dragged away by Keith.

Who was taking her to the castle and to the Red Lion hanger.

"Keith, what are we doing out here?" Ruby questioned as they got into Azar.

"I want to show you something." Keith answered as the Red Lion roars and flies out of the castle and into the forest.

But their departure did not go unnoticed and the person to notice them leaving was Pidge.

Who was enjoying what free time she has left and saw everything from them running towards the castle and to them riding off into the sunset in the Red Lion.

"Where are they going?" she asked herself before she looked back at the castle for a moment before sighing and heading back to the Lycan Castle.

Meanwhile back with Keith and Ruby the two were just enjoying the ride until Keith landed in a giant clearing in the forest.

Where Keith then leads her to a pond with a beautiful giant waterfall that seemed to sparkle from the rays of the sun hitting it.

And because of it being near sunset, the warm colors made it look even more beautiful than it already was.

"It's beautiful." She muttered.

"Yeah, but what's behind it is what we're looking for." Keith stated.

Ruby tilts her head in confusion, "Behind it?" she questioned.

Keith nods his head and holds out his hand, "Yep. But we're going to have to swim. Are you up for it?"

Having her curiosity peaked, Ruby takes his hand. "Yes."

And so, with that the two dived down into the water and Keith leads her to an underground cave entrance that was right behind the waterfall that leads to an air pocket.

Resurfacing, Ruby gasped as she catches her breath and when she looked around the cave, she lets out a gasp of awe at the sight before her.

Which was a cave that was not only filled with bioluminescent crystals but also had glow worms and multiple small shallow pools of water.

"This is amazing." Ruby muttered as they swam to land.

"Yep."

And with that they started to walk around and took in the cave's beauty.

But Ruby was so busy looking around the cave that she did not realized that she was heading towards a pond that was deeper and bigger than the others and fell into it.

Keith snorts in amusement as he walks over the edge as Ruby resurfaces.

Ruby frowns at the Red Paladin, "Shut up." She said pushes her wet bangs out of her face.

Keith holds up his hands in surrender, "I didn't say anything." He stated with a smirk.

He then bends down and holds out his hand, "Come on."