Chapter 56: Space Mall Shenanigans Part 3

Ruby looks around the store. "Any sign of anything that looked like the Scaultrite lenses?" She asked.

Not receiving a reply, she glances at Keith at the corner of her eye to see that he was intensely staring at her.

"Keith?" She said, her voice a little louder. "Uh, what?" Keith asked, snapping out of it.

"I asked if you see anything that looks like the Scaultrite lenses." Ruby said.

"Oh..." Rubbing the back of his neck, Keith blushed. "No. Sorry, I—"

He glances at her before bashfully looking away, his heart thumping rapidly in his chest. "Listen Ruby, I've been thinking, and I wanted to talk about—"

"OUT OF THE WAY YOU!" An alien exclaimed as he ran past them, bumping his shoulder with Keith.

Stumbling to the side, Keith was caught by Ruby. Balancing himself, both him and Ruby glared at the alien. "Hey! Watch it!" They yelled.

Huffing at how rude that guy was, Ruby looked at Keith. "You okay, Keith?"

"I'm fine. It'll take more than some jerk to bring me down." Keith assured.

Ruby smiled at him, which made Keith become a blushing mess again.

He clears his throat, whilst Ruby pushes a lock of her hair behind her ear. "So, what were you saying?" She asked.

"Oh...I...I..." As Keith stared at Ruby's beautiful, sweet face his legs began to shake, and it took all his willpower for them not to buckle.

He gulps and breathes heavily, he can do this, he can do this. "I...I...I..." HE CAN'T DO THIS! "I need to go use the bathroom!" He exclaimed, his voice cracking.

Ruby looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Really?" Wanting to die of embarrassment, Keith gulps as he commits to the statement. "Yeah, have you seen the bathroom?"

"Don't know, why don't we check a map." She points to a nearby map up ahead. "Right, thanks." Keith bows his head as he walks forward.

Back with Lance and Pidge, they were having the time of their life. After ordering food, they began to play games.

As Pidge walks around, she noticed a gathering crowd. Curious, she walked forward and saw that there were two people on two larges platforms on an elevated stage.

And by the looks of it, it was some sort of dance competition, between an alien and an Unilu boy.

In her opinion, it was a lot like DDR since the goal was to touch colorful circles on the floor.

However, instead of doing a specific sequence, due to the circles appearing randomly on the platform and even holographic ones above their heads, the ultimate goal is to just touch them.

And unable to do so makes an energy bar on the giant screen behind them begin to lose percentage.

Pidge smiled since she so happens to be a pro at DDR. Sensing someone was still watching her, Pidge looks around but couldn't see anyone that looked suspicious.

She grits her teeth; she had about had it! She needs to find out who's been stalking her and quick.

Hearing an alarm bell blare Pidge turns her attention back to the dancers as the player on the left loses.

The player looks down nervously as the platform suddenly becomes a launchpad and launces him off.

"Wow, that's one way to get someone to leave." Pidge muttered.

As she stood there, she then got a brilliant idea that had her smirking from ear to ear as she walked through the cheering crowd.

"DANCE KING!"