Chapter 49: Eye of the Storm

"Zarkon! How did he find us?" Allura wondered. "His commanders must have radioed him from Olkarion." Keith stated.

"We need to wormhole, now!" Shiro exclaimed.

"Everyone to your stations. We've got to put some distance between us and Zarkon. This could be the fight of our lives."

The Paladins run to their seats while RWBY hanged back. Everyone groaned as the Castle of the Lions is put under heavy fire.

"That's sure a lot of fighters." Hunk said.

"Allura, can you evade these fighters? We can't have them following us through the wormhole." Shiro said.

"I can try." Allura replied, activating the particle barrier, the castle flew off.

"Keith, Lance, let's lay down some covering fire."

The Paladin drones flew out of the ship and began destroying incoming Fighters.

"Lance, incoming, 12 o'clock high!" Pidge informed

"Got it!" Lance moves his drone but before he could shoot, Keith's drone slammed into him and took his hit. "Hey!"

The two drones faced each other. "Sorry! Gotta be quick!" Keith said, smirking.

Lance slams his drone into Keith's. "How's that for quick?"

"You..." Keith growled; the two drones began to repeatedly bump into each other.

"Knock it off, you two! Stay in your zones!" Shiro ordered.

"Yeah, Keith!"

Everyone sighed and rolled their eyes.

"Keep calling out those fighters, Pidge." Shiro instructed. "Hunk, how are the defenses holding?"

Hunk rubs his eyes and stares at his screen tiredly. "I don't know. Ten percent? Fifteen maybe? Everything's a blur. I've been up too long. I have tired eyes!"

"I know we just came off an intense battle, but we've got to stay focused, just until we jump." Shiro said.

"And when is that?" Keith asked.

"They're still too close!" Coran cried. "We need to gain more speed!"

"I've got an idea! Hold on!" Allura pushes the castle to the max, forcing the paladins backs to press up against their seats.

Team RWBY quickly latched onto something as Allura began to fly around.

"Allura, what are you doing?" Pidge questioned.

"I'm going to use this moon's gravity to gain speed and put some distance between us and Zarkon." Allura proclaimed.

Reaching the moon, everyone groaned as the castle grew faster.

"We're clear to wormhole!" Coran proclaimed.

Opening a wormhole, the castle of the lions goes right through.

Zarkon narrowed his eyes, annoyed at another failed attempt.

As the Castle goes through the wormhole, the alarm was still blaring.

"We got away from Zarkon, how come we're still on alert?" Lance inquired.

"Coran, what's going on?" Shiro asked.

Coran checks and it was not good. "Oh, no! Teludav lens malfunction! We are about to exit this wormhole a lot sooner than we planned!"

The wormhole opened, transporting them to somewhere in the galaxy that had a field of frozen asteroids.