Chapter 40: The Black Paladin

Coran checks and he gasps in horror at the very sight of the Galran Emperor. "It's Zarkon! Keith, get out of there, now! Zarkon's too powerful!"

Keith gets a crazy look in his eye as he thinks about good it would be to finally good an end to the Galran Emperor.

He's out here, totally defenseless, there's no way he can pass this golden opportunity up.

"This is my chance to put an end to the Galra Empire! I have to take it!"

Ruby looked at Keith in shock, not liking his sudden change in personality.

She holds on tightly as Keith flies forward to take on the Galran Emperor, despite Coran's warnings. "Keith, don't!"

Opening its mouth, the red lion fires at Zarkon and there was an explosion.

"YEAH! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" Keith exclaimed.

However, it would appear he spoke too soon since once the smoke cleared, it was revealed that an energy shield had protected Zarkon from the blast.

"Uh, Keith." Ruby said, now very concerned.

A blast like that should have killed the Galran even with the shield, but here he is, not even fazed.

"No way." Keith muttered, sharing the same sentiment as her.

His eyes then narrowed when he noticed the device in his hands, and that brought horror to his mind.

Since that thing in his hands, the thing that saved him from the blast, it looked exactly like a Bayard but with a Galran flare to it.

Zarkon looks at the Red Lion, "You may have a Lion, but its power is weak in your fledgling hands."

Suddenly, the device turned into a sword with a glowing mauve blade of energy.

Raising his sword, Zarkon sends a slash of energy at Keith and Ruby, knocking the Red Lion away.

Alarms blared as Keith got back into control and turned to face Zarkon.

"You cannot stop me. The Black Lion will finally be returned to its original paladin." Zarkon proclaimed.

Meanwhile, in the hanger, Shiro was walking through it when the door behind him closed.

Gasping, Shiro looked back, he then stiffens when he got the sudden feeling that he was being watched. "So, Champion returns." Hagger stated.

Turning back around, Hagger stood before him calmly. "You..." Shiro's voice was laced with fury as he charges his robotic arm and advances towards the witch.

He tries to attack her, but Haggar disappears into black mist.

Shiro looked all around until his eyes landed on her again, but the second he tried to attack she disappeared again.

Haggar's laughs echoes and overlaps through the chamber as clones of her surrounded him.

Outside, the Paladins were still fighting the fleet. And while Pidge leads some fighter jets away, Hunk went towards the Princess's location.

"This is it! The Princess is in this part of the ship!" He declared.

"How do we get in?" Lance asked. "Maybe I can try hacking one of their cargo bays." Pidge suggested.

"We don't have time for that!" Hunk replied. "Do you have a better idea?" Pidge asked.

"I do." Yang said, she smirks as she slams her fist into her hand. "We'll smash our way through!"

"Exactly! I was thinking the same thing." Hunk said, smirking as well.

With Allura, she had gotten rid of the Galran armor and just silently sat in her cell.