Chapter 57: The Blade of Marmora

"Coran, how soon will we get to the Blade of Marmora's base?" Shiro asked.

"Based on the coordinates that Ulaz gave us, we should be there within a few doboshes." Coran answered.

"I can't wait to see it." Pidge said, excited. "I mean, they were able to fold space-time, and that was just at an outpost!"

Hunk puts a hand on his stomach and hums in delight. "Mm, the space taco. It left us too soon." His stomach grumbles.

"Well, sure, but my point is, imagine how amazing their home base will be!" Pidge said.

"Exactly." Hunk agreed, he begins to drool. "It could take on any shape. Like a space jelly donut. Or long, like a space éclair."

"Or a space cheese blintz with a cherry sauce on top. Maybe a little dusting of powdered sugar. That's the stars."

"Aw, now I'm hungry for breakfast!" Lance whined.

"Guys, this is a serious mission. We need to focus." Keith chided.

"We need to focus." Lance said mockingly.

"The base is in range." Coran announced.

"Take us in slowly." Shiro advised.

"That might prove the tiniest bit of a challenge." Coran stated.

Right up ahead was the was the Blade of Marmora's headquarters. Which were two black holes facing one another with a bright blue star in between them.

"Is that a black hole?!" Blake exclaimed.

"No, no, no, no, no. It's two black holes and a giant blue star." Coran stated. "That's not better." Hunk said.

"Wow..." Ruby muttered; her eyes sparkled in awe.

"No kidding. Just inside a black hole, the temperature is one millionth of a degree above absolute zero. But, just outside of that, it's hundreds of millions of degrees Celsius."

Hunk's face went from confused and trouble to happy.

"Okay, it's like when you try to nuke a frozen burrito in the microwave, and it comes out all scorching hot on the outside, but it's still frozen in the middle, right?"

"Now I'm hungry for lunch!" Lance whined.

Irritated, Keith stood up. "Guys, quiet!" Everyone jumped, not expecting his sudden outburst. "Coran, where's the base located?" Keith asked.

The Castle screen zooms in on the headquarters, hidden between the black holes and the star.

"In between those three deadly celestial objects." Coran proclaimed.

"The perfect defensive position." Pidge stated.

"Or the perfect trap." Allura stated. "Yeah, I'm with Allura. Maybe we shouldn't, like, go in there at all?" Hunk said, apprehensive about going near two black holes.

Gritting his teeth, Keith blows up again. "What are you talking about? We have to go in! This is the whole reason we came out here! There is no other option!"

"Okay. Jeez. Calm down." Lance said.

Ruby placed her hand on his shoulder, Keith looked at her and sighed as he looks away from everyone.

The computer beeps. Everyone turns to face it as characters appear. "Identify yourself." The computer said.

"Open a hailing frequency, Coran." Shiro instructed, he looks back at the screen. "We are the Paladins of Voltron, sent here by Ulaz."

There is a momentary silence before the Galra characters change. "Two may enter. Come unarmed."

The characters then disappear and the frequency closes.