Chapter 9: Training part 1

Ruby yawns as she flips the lid of her dark red travel coffee mug and puts her lips on the straw to enjoy her hot chocolate.

"Ahhh, nothing beats Salted caramel hot chocolate in the morning." She said to herself.

Suddenly the alarm goes off and she almost dropped her mug.

The Huntress groans but sighs in annoyance as she makes her way towards the bridge.

Once the door opens the first thing she heard is Shiro saying, "I guess this isn't an actual attack."

She stopped in her tracks for a few seconds to process this, she narrows her eyes and said something in Russian as she walks closer.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you...Coran?" Allura looks at her advisor.

"Seventy-five degrees...Oh, sorry, no this is a meat thermometer." Coran declared.

"However long it was it was too long. You must be always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Only Shiro is in uniform." Allura said.

"Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your Bayard's? and where is Lance?"

Right on cue, the door opens to Lance in his pajamas and his face was glistening from his facial mask.

He yawns and takes a sip of his drink "Good morning everybody, what's going on?" he asked.

"Coran and I have been up for hours getting the Castle back in order. We had to run a test on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed."

"Allura none of us have been in a intergalactic war. Give us a break, besides the Paladins of Voltron minus Shiro for obvious reasons, lived a carefree life." Ruby said scratching the back of her head with her free hand.

"Heck,earth is so rudimentary that we don't' even have the technology to go across the cosmos like you or the Galra for that matter." She added.

"She's right!" Hunk said with a yawn.

"You got to sleep for 10,000 years man. Monday night, I was on earth. Now I've flown through space, fought some alien named Zarkon, eaten some goo in some weird castle. That's a lot to process in, uh...I don't know what day is today?" he asked.

"It's the third quintet of the Spicolian movement. Hump day!" Coran answered.

"It's a lot to process." Hunk stated.

Waving her hand, a holographic screen pops up "You must understand the stakes of our mission. Over the last 10,000 years. The castle picked up distress beacons from following locations." Allura explained.

The star map appeared around them but suddenly they all turned red. "So, we have to assume that Zarkon, has conquered almost the entire known universe."

She moves the map that shows the milky way galaxy. "Earth is here. An attack on your planet is inevitable."

"Yikes." Yang said wincing.

"Exactly. Our mission is to free all those planets. Coran and I are getting the castle ready to leave Arus. During that time, you have to learn to form Voltron. So, we can begin fighting Zarkon."

"The princess is right. Let's get our lions and start training." Shiro announced.

"Wait. But I want to talk to the prisoners we rescued from the Galra Ship." Pidge stated.

"Negative number five." Coran said as he bends down with his arm stretched out as a way to measure her height.

Pidge eye twitches in annoyance, she hates it when people talk about her height.