Chapter 5: Searching for the Lions

Following Allura to the bridge, they watched as she gets on a platform and a light from above shined down on her.

"King Alfor connected the lions to Allura's life force. She alone is the key to the lion's whereabouts." Coran explained.

Suddenly a holographic star map appeared around them.

Ruby's eyes sparkled in awe "Whoa. So cool!" she muttered.

"These are coordinates. The Black lion looks like it's in the same location as the Blue Lion." She stated analyzing the star map.

"Look at your primitive synapses firing away in their little brain cage."

"Very observant. That's because the Black Lion is in the castle." Allura said.

"To keep the Black Lion out of Zarkon's hands, King Alfor locked it in the castle. It can only be freed if the other four lions are present." Coran explained.

"As you have found the lions choose their pilots. It's a mystical bond and cannot be forced. The quintessence of the pilot is mirrored in his lion. Together they form something great than science can explain."

Turning her attention to the map she reaches out her hand and turns it around.

"The Black Lion is the decisive head of Voltron. It will take a pilot who is born leader and in control at all times. Someone who's men will follow without hesitation. And that is why, Shiro, you will pilot the Black Lion."

"The green lion has an Inquisitive personality and needs a pilot of intellect and daring. Pidge you will pilot the green lion."

"The Blue Lion-" but lance cuts her off "Hold up let me guess. Takes the most handsome slash best pilot of the bunch?" he said doing the twinkle teeth again.

The girls groaned and looked at him unimpressed "This is worse than Jaune trying to flirt with me." Weiss muttered.

"Jaune's quirky, so his flirting came off as awkward and cute. so of course, Lance's flirting is a lot worse than his." Yang stated.

The Ice Queen slightly nods her head in agreement "You make a fair point."

Rolling her eyes Allura moves onto the yellow lion "The Yellow Lion is caring and kind. Its pilot is one who puts the needs of others above his own. His heart must be mighty. As the leg of Voltron, you will lift the team up and hold them together."

The holograph moves towards Hunk, Samoan looks around and points at himself.

"The red lion is temperamental and most difficult to master. It's faster and more agile than the others, but also more unstable." An Image of the red lion appears in Allura's hand and is then pushed to Keith.

"Its pilot needs to be someone who relies more on instincts than skill alone. Keith, you'll fly the red lion."

"What? This guy?" both boys glare at each other.

"Unfortunately, I cannot locate the Red's Lions coordinates yet. There must be something wrong with the castle. After 10,00 years. It might need some work."

"Don't worry, we'll find it soon. They don't call me 'The Coranic' for nothing. Because it sounds like 'mechanic' so...Coranic, mechanic. It's not—it's doesn't sound...exactly like it. It similar."

Ruby snickers and holds her hand over her mouth.

The red lion then growls as the holographic lions all formed into Voltron "Once all the lions are united, you will form Voltron. The most powerful warrior ever known. The Defender of the Universe."