Ep 35: The Copycat part 1

Tiny side note chapters will get longer as we near the end like the one I just finished was 2,000 words but anyways I hope you enjoy!

Stepping out of the elevator, Aiger was nervous. Usually before battles he was pumped up and ready to blow away his competition but now that feeling had been replaced with dread and nervousness.

Fubuki was terrifying, he looked very similar to Red Eye complete with the black jumpsuit and mask but his coat was black and red instead of white and red.

In a weird way it was nice seeing Fubuki again but at the same time Aiger was almost scared to see what Phi had done to his friend. Aiger wondered how much Phi's power affected Fubuki, and if he even recognized Aiger at all. He even wondered if Fubuki was still in there.

Getting into his launching stance, Aiger looked up at Fubuki.

His face was twisted in a sinsted grin and his head was tilted looking him over.

"Aiger Akabane, it's been a while. Hasn't it?"

"Fubuki..."

"That's all you can say to me? My name... how pitiful. At least Shu managed to get out the words: "I'm sorry."

"Look Fubuki..."

Fubuki did the same, getting into his own launching stance interrupting Aiger.

"3...2...1, Let it Rip!"

Since Aiger was nervous his hands had been wobbly causing Achilles to come into the stadium slowly on a bad launch.

"This is too easy."

Forenous came rushing in attacking Achilles from every angle, the more Aiger watched the more he realized that his attacks seemed very familiar.

Those look like Achilles moves! But how is he able to do that?

Another attack from Forenous caused Achilles to start wobbling, causing it to slow down.

Aiger's brown narrowed in thought.

He could have bursted me then but why didn't he?

After looking at Achilles, Aiger came up with the conclusion that Phi was behind this and this was payback for earlier.

"Is that all you have Aiger? You're no Scarlet Supernova, you're just a scared little boy living in the shadow of Valt Aoi."

"You take that back, I'm not a shadow!"

All the nervousness from earlier had been replaced with anger and fury, even Fubuki could feel it standing from the other side of the stadium. Lowering his stance he got into his launching stance not showing a trace of delight at Aiger's reaction.

Across the stadium Aiger was fuming and his hands tightened on his launcher. Achilles could barely be seen above Aiger roaring a battle cry that seemed very far away.
"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"

This time instead of wobbling Achilles came in rushing ready to attack. Spiraling into the center they were about to collide when Forenous dodged it at the last second causing Achilles to flying off into the other direction.

As Forenous kept dodging, Fubuki's mind began to wander thinking of what Theodore taught him right before the battle

"It's all about fighting without fighting, using your opponent's energy to your advantage by letting your opponent tire himself out..then when the moment comes..."

Just then Achilles crashed into the side of the stadium wall and was sent flying into the air.

"Forenous now!"

Summoning his power the once vibrant green and blue aura was now toned down with hints of purple in it.

As Achilles began it's descent Forenous closed in on it trapping it and pushing it against the stadium wall.

"Some part of you has to be in there! I know you don't want to do this!"

Fubuki only smiled, summoning up his power this time a ghostly Phoenix could be seen behind Fubuki instead of Forenous. Aiger's eyes widened in surprise.

This isn't Fubuki anymore...

"Please Fubuki I know we're not close but..."

"But nothing. You left me at the Dread Tower. You all left me there to be tortured and corrupted. You guys never looked back and none of you tried to save me, to save any of us..."

His voice was full of hatred and anger, Aiger had seen Fubuki get mad here and there but this was something different. This was Phi talking or was it Fubuki?

As Fubuki was distracted Achilles was knocked out of the stadium landing on the floor.

Fubuki angrily mumbled to himself.

Picking up his partner Aiger looked across the stadium at his friend. The dark energy was flowing around him constricting him. His eyes glowed red and Forenous whipped it's head looking over at Aiger with hatred.

You did this... It's eyes seemed to say.

"You're in my way." His voice turned for the worse echoing along with Phi's.

Looking up at the screen Fubuki was two points ahead of Aiger while he had nothing. He knew if he lost this battle then his chances for facing Phi would be gone but at the same time he didn't want to face Phi especially after what happened last time.

Looking back down at the stadium Aiger thought about what Valt had said earlier:

"It doesn't matter what Phi and Theodore are doing, what matters is having fun. Somedays I feel like we forget that and we have this whole war thing going on... but this isn't just about fighting back. This is also about helping each other."

Tilting his launcher Aiger smilied narrowing his eyes with determination and excitement.

"It's about time! I've been looking forward to this and now I'm gonna blow you away!"

Aiger's demeanor had changed from angry to happiness in a matter of seconds meanwhile Fubuki narrowed his eyes in anger.

Valt Aoi: The Battle for the Lost (Book 3!)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें