Ep 31: Phobia Doomscizor

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it and for those you don't or do here's a chapter anyways I hope you enjoy!

Valt sprinted down to the stage leaving Phi. As he ran he could feel his smirk on his back all the way to the stage.

I can't believe Phi tried to take Aiger and Hyde, he already had a whole army why would he want them?

Stepping into the elevator Valt caught his breath and focusing on the battle ahead. Once the elevator reached the top, Diago stood on the other side walking out of the elevator.

Walking to the stage the air became tense and thick. The seriousness of the battle could be felt all the way in the stands.

Especially for Phi, holding out his hand he could feel the energy in the air.

Let's have some fun

"Diago, you need to snap out of it! I know you.....and I know you're not like this!"

"You know nothing about me Valt. Do you know what I've been through! What all of us have been through! You couldn't save me from Phi so why do you think you can now?"

Those words cut like razor blades but Valt knew this was all Phi. He was making Diago act like that because that was his power.

As Diago walked to the stage, like Free his movements were rigid and stiff like he was being controlled. Walking to the stage Valt thought back to the first time he ever fought Diago.

It felt like a million years but now this was more than the bey club and the tournament. This was about getting his friend back.

Clenching his fists Valt could feel his resonance building up.

Diago held out his bey, but it seemed darker and more powerful.

"Meet Phobia Doomscizor."

"Phobia Doomscizor?"

"It's time to face your nightmare Valt."

Diago's eyes were glowing a deep purple and so was his resonance but it was more black and corrupted.

"No this is Phi, talking. I know you're still in there Diago I know you can fight this!"

Valt got into his launching stance and so did Diago.

I'm going to get my friend back no matter what!

"3...,2...,1..., Let it Rip!"

Valtryek sped around the stadium while Doomscizor took the center.

"Turbo Winged Launch!"

Bouncing off the wall Valtryek sped down to the center to attack Doomscizor. But Doomscizor missed the attack sending Valtryek to the other side of the stadium. Bouncing off the wall Valtryek kept attacking over and over.

"Turbo Valtryek Whip!"

Valtryek raced into Doomscizor, sending it flying out of the stadium. Diago caught it at the last minute angry.

Narrowing his eyes Valt could tell Diago too had gotten stronger but the question was how strong?

"3...,2....,1..., Let it Rip!"

"Phobic Launch!"

Right as Diago said that, the battle around Valt began to disappear. Right before it was all gone Diago was smiling and said: "Welcome to your worst fear."

Then he was gone leaving Valt alone in the a realm darkness.

"Where am I? Is anyone there?"

Valt's voice seemed to echo everywhere at once.

"Your worst fear, Valt."

Turning around Phi stood along with Theodore. They both were smirking as the shadows behind them began to move.

As a third figure emerged Valt's stomach dropped and his heart started pounding.

Behind them Lui Shirosagi emerged from the shadows wearing Snake Pit attire but beside him was Red Eye too.

"Sometimes your biggest threat is right under your nose. It's sad how you never figured out your true spy, you all thought it was that coward Count Nightfell when it was really me." Lui said smiling darkly.

"But it's too late for that now Theodore and Phi have already won, just give in Valt." Red Eye finished.

Behind them the shadows formed into more snake pit bladers. Sasha also came out of the shadows along with Clio and Drum which broke Valt's heart even more.

Then the last blader emerged, the mysterious Emerald Eye.

The one with short black hair and a deep voice.

"It's over Valt, you've lost everyone."

That's when the vision disappeared the corrupted bladers went away. The last thing to disappear was Theodore's smirk.

Looking around Valt was back in the stadium. BC Sol was still in the crowd and Diago was still on the other side of the stadium.

Valtryek stood still in the center on its side while Doomscizor was still spinning.

"What happened? What was all that?"

"Your fear, Phobia Doomscizor is a special kind of bey now that it's been upgraded, it can tap into people's worst fears leaving them trapped in their vision until the battle is over."

That sent chills down Valt's spine.

If Diago's bey is this powerful then I wonder how powerful the others are. Theodore may be malicious but he does know how to play into bladers strengths...

"That was only a mere warm-up, but there's something else here at work. Something you're more afraid of than them."

"It doesn't matter what I'm afraid of, I don't care. You're my friend Diago and I'm..."

"It doesn't make a difference that we're friends. Not right now at least...just because we're friends doesn't mean I'm going easy on you."

Diago narrowed his eyes and his resonance began to form again. He looked serious now more than ever.

Sasha tried to reach out to Free by reminding her she was his friend and who his friends are. But Diago doesn't care because we're battling. So how do I get through to him?

Getting into his launching stance Valt was about to launch when he heard Valtryek.

"Focus on me partner..."

Gotcha

Launching Valtryek into the stadium everything around him began to disappear but Valt watched his partner soar around the stadium.

"Phobic Launch."

Still focused on his partner, Valtryek began attacking over and over before his fear began to take shape.

"No, what's happening! Why aren't you afraid!"

"Because you're my friend Diago, and I know we can get through this together. Being afraid is good sometimes, it reminds you why you're doing what you're doing. You may be able to figure out others fears but I know yours..."

The side of Valtryek lit up, "Turbo Valtryek Whip!"

It collided with it's opponent and Doomscizor bursted.

"You're afraid of having fun, but I know you Diago and I know this isn't how we battle. Battles may be about power according to Theodore and Phi, but it's more than power. It's about having fun."