Ep 21: The Road Trip

Sasha Guten had finally done it, she was now sitting next to Valt Aoi. She didn't even remember how she did it, but somehow she had managed to get the courage to do so.

The whole morning she had been trying to find an opportunity, looking for any small window or opportunity to talk to Valt. But after talking to Kris she had finally asked to sit next to him.

"Sure." Such a simple word and yet Sasha couldn't find the meaning behind it. Whether it was just a causal sure or something else.

Climbing onto the bus, Honey gave her a thumbs up and she returned a smile. The bus was full of bladers with Raul as the bus driver. Valt sat in his seat shaking a small box.

Walking over to Valt she sat down and put her bag at her feet.

"What's that?"

"Oh nothing it's just something for Free, Kris told me to give it to him later."

"What do you think it is?"

"I don't know but I guess we'll find out."

Leaning back in her chair, Sasha looked around. Clio and Drum sat together across from them chatting while Shu and Honey right right behind them.

In the back to the bus Lui sat alone listening to music. A couple rows back was Wakiya and Rantaro. Rantaro had already fallen asleep and Wakiya was trying to switch spots with him.

Across from them Joshua sat with Trent discussing their next movie while Silas and Ben were in front of Joshua.

And finally Hyde and Aiger suprisingly sat next to each other not saying a word sitting diagonally from Valt and Sasha. Based on the tension Valt could tell neither of them were happy with their seats.

The last pair was Hoji and Norman, before leaving that morning Hoji had told Valt he would keep an eye on Norman in case anything happened.

Raul stood up right before they were leaving and said some rules about safety and being quiet but as soon as they left the sound of chatter filled the bus once again for no regard to what he just said about being quiet.

As BC Sol got smaller and smaller Sasha looked over at Valt. His back was to the front while he was turned around chatting with Shu.

Their eyes met again and Sasha turned away fast before Valt could react. Her face felt hot even though the air conditioner was on.

"Sasha? Did you need something?"

"Um no, it's fine."

Valt smiled and turned back to Shu. Honey face palmed when the boys weren't looking.

"So...about Sasha, how do you feel about her?" Shu said, giving Valt a sly look.

"Um she's nice, what else is there?" Shu chuckled to himself a little at Valt's response.

"I mean she's pretty and smart what else do you want me to say?"

******

After stopping for a bathroom break and snacks the group was back on the road.

About halfway into the trip Valt had fallen asleep. Sasha couldn't understand how he had easily fallen asleep on a loud bus and yet there they were.

Throughout the trip Valt and Shu had been talking the whole time catching up. Sasha understood they were best friends and they hadn't seen each other in a while but she couldn't help but feel like a third wheel.

Looking over at Valt he slept peacefully, his chest slowly rose up and the down.

I wonder what he's dreaming about....

Valt Aoi once again stood in front of Phi and Theodore. At this point he was getting used to this but this time Theodore walked away leaving Phi alone with Valt.

Holding out his arms corrupted bladers emerged from the shadows. Cuza, Xander, Toko, Diago, etc.

They all stood behind him with emotionless expressions and they each had their own purple resonance. He knew he was going to have to face them sooner or later but deep down... he wasn't ready.

Defeating Phi was one thing but doing it to Fubuki was another.

The whole Red Eye incident was traumatizing but this was worse, this was his family and friends.

Phi pointed at Valt and all the bladers surrounded Valt pinning him down. Valt tried to push them away but there were too many of them. Xander grabbed Valt holding him up to Phi. Phi sauntered around Valt pacing.

"You may have me Phi but you'll never get my friends. As long as they're still out there they'll save me and all of them."

Phi chuckled to himself and then it turned into full blown laughter.

Holding out his hands, Valt's eyes widened and his heart started pounding.

His friends emerged from the shadows wearing Snake Pit masks.

"No."

Shu came out last wearing his old Red Eye outfit.

"Game over as they say."

"No! Shu's too smart for this, you've got to fight it!"

"What if I don't want to fight it?"

Those words echoed throughout his head. Phi, moving past Shu went over to Valt.

"No! It can't end like this!"

Phi put his hand on Valt's forehead and that's when he woke up.

He sat up immediately sat up panting and sweating.

"Valt what's wrong?"

Valt looked over at Shu.

"Nothing just another nightmare, that's all."

"I don't know Valt, the way you were yelling and punching...."

"It's nothing."

Shu put his hand on his shoulder making Valt tense up. Shu and Sasha both noticed this but didn't say anything.

"You know you can tell us anything."

Valt took a deep breath in and let it out slowly.

"Phi and his army were there trying to get to me but you guys were also there too but you were on his side. Shu you were...Red Eye and Phi he tried too..."

Valt trailed off, Shu pulled him into a hug while Sasha watched.

"We're going to stop them Valt, even if they get all of us, there will still be Jin and Naoki and etc."

"Yeah you're right, I'm just worried. Theodore is dangerous but so is Phi but when they're together they're on a different level. I've been thinking about it and I know the only way we can save them is by defeating Phi. Fubuki's done it before but he's under his control."

"That's right Fubuki! But how do we break Phi's hold on him?" Sasha asked.

"I don't know but I think that's what we should do first, free Fubuki." Shu said.

"Good idea." Sasha added.

After running into traffic the sun began to set outside and rush hour began. Things began to slow down and bladers were getting tired. Even Drum was asleep, and the bus was quiet.

Valt stared out the window watching the sun set it's beautiful colors painted the sky creating a beautiful scene.

As he looked out the window the words resonated through his head:

"What if I don't want to fight it?"

Those words haunted Valt all the way to the hotel.