Ep 16: The Spy?! Part 2

"I want to join you guys to stop Theodore and Phi. They've gone too far." Norman said.

Boa nodded his head in agreement while Valt went over to talk to Ben.

"Ben? I thought you guys weren't entering."

"Well after thinking about it we realized we need to stick together in any way we can."

"Thanks Ben."

The Beasts walked back out of the gym with Sasha showing them their dorms.

Valt walked back over to Aiger, Drum, Hyde, Vincent, Joshua, Lui, Shu, Silas, and now Rantaro.

"I think we should let Norman join he seems serious about this also he can tell us what Theodore's been up to."

"I don't know Valt, Norman's never struck me as trustworthy especially in the Snake Pit." Shu said looking over at Norman.

Norman gave him an annoyed look and Shu returned the same feeling back.

"Hey I've got an idea why don't we take a vote?" Drum said.

"Alright then who thinks we should let Norman join?"

Valt, Lui, Vincent, Aiger, Drum raised their hands.

"And who thinks we shouldn't?"

Shu, Rantaro, Silas, Hyde, Joshua raised their hands.

"Guys he's obviously a spy working for Theodore. Don't you guys remember that scene in Captain America: Civil War when.."

"We don't have time for your fangirling Kiyama besides Norman may be a little creepy but that doesn't mean we should kick him out." Aiger said, crossing his arms.

"Valt you don't know Norman like I do, he's been working for Theodore longer and Phi has. In fact there are rumors they're related." Shu added.

"Yeah but if we just send him off we may not learn anything about Theodore and Phi. Even if he is related, having a guy on the inside may be helpful." Vincent added.

"You guys are also forgetting he's from the Snake Pit! The place that is practically radiating with pure evil." Silas shot back.

Everyone broke out into arguing but it wasn't just Valt and his group everyone else was arguing too.

The whole room was divided in half with people who thought Norman was fine and the other half who thought he was a spy.

Some people were even accusing Hyde as a spy for his brother while others were accusing Vincent or Aiger because of their dark phase. One person even accused Shu, and that crossed the line.

"Maybe I should just leave..."

"EVERYONE STOP!"

The arguing died down and everyone turned to look at Valt.

"This is exactly what Theodore and Phi want, they want us to fight each other. Norman and Boa will be allowed to stay at BC Sol for now but the first sign of potential betrayal from Norman or Boa will have to leave."

After that everyone went back to training but the tension did not go away in fact in it got worse.

Fights broke out over the past couple of days and everyone was divided accusing each other of being a spy. Friends turned on friends, brother vs sister. On the plus side everyone was still training but it seemed more tense and angry.

After 2 days of fighting Valt knew this problem wasn't going to go away.

"I've called this meeting to discuss our problems over the past couple of days. As you all know anyone in this building could be a potential spy working for Phi and Theodore. If you are the Spy I'm giving you the chance to confess right now."

The whole room of bladers were silent looking around at each other.

One person stood up walking over to Valt and everyone else on stage.

"Well it was fun while it lasted."

Count Nightfell stood onstage, his eyes were glowing and eerie purple and there was a dark energy around him.

"The Count?"

"But of course BC Sol, what did you expect?"

"But why?" Valt asked.

"Back when Phi was hosting the tournament I couldn't enter because I was too late. So he offered me a chance to challenge him for the title and in return I would be his spy. It's terrible when you can't trust the people who are closest to you. It's funny really, all you were so caught up in Norman so that you didn't even notice I was the real spy. Too bad the rest of you were caught up in your feud to realize what had truly been happening."

"I still have one question." Shu stepped up.

"Why are you not corrupted?"

"Very perceptive of you Shu Kurenai. No I am not corrupted by Phi although what he does to bladers who don't cooperate are worse than what he did to me."

Valt walked over to the Count with a serious expression.

"What has he done with Free?"

"Oh Free? Nobody really sees that lone wolf around the Dread Tower."

"Where is he?!"

"Valt calm down, we all want to find our friends. But we can't do that with you angry." Shu held Valt back.

"You're right, Shu."

Valt backed away from the Count.

"You know Valt you're starting to remind me of your brother. They way he kept saying you were going to save him. All those bladers are the same. They put so much faith in you but what have you been doing? Fighting with your team, accusing people, and finally hiding secrets."

"Secrets? Valt what is he talking about?" Shu asked.

Valt didn't answer.

"Oh so you have told them yet, well I'll go ahead. You see everyone Phi has the power to corrupt bladers but he can also control bladers."

"Valt hadn't told you guys yet but Phi and Theodore are working on ways to harness new power. A power that could potentially change everything. A power that could wipe out all of you in a single instant. A power only Free De La Hoya knows of."

It was true Theodore had mentioned something about a project that could potentially make them stronger but Valt didn't think he was serious. That kind of power shouldn't exist. Instead of telling everyone he kept it to himself trying not to cause a panic.

"You lair!"

"Who could you keep this from us?"

The room erupted into chaos worse than the last couple of days.

"EVERYONE QUIET! This is the exact reason why Valt kept this from you because he knew this would happen. We'll figure out what to do with the Count in the morning. But first..."

Shu turned over to the Count.

"You're going to tell us everything you know."