Ep 15: The Spy?! Part 1

Standing over the battle, Valtryek spun with grace speeding around the stadium.

But on the other side was Free, Fafnir was spinning in the middle drilling in the center.

Everytime Valtryek clashed with Fafnir, Fafnir would brush off the attack like nothing had happened. Which only made it harder for Valt.

But what didn't help was Theodore was also in the room.

"Valt Aoi, oh how we meet again."

"I'm not falling for your tricks this time Theodore. We've defeated you before and we can do it again."

"It's true, you've defeated me before, but what will you do now that I've taken one of you?"

"We're going to get them back."

Fafnir pushed Valtryek towards the wall over and over.

Valt's concentration was breaking.

"Why have Free when we can have you?"

Valt could the dark resonance taking hold.

"Free was never our real goal, sure he put up a fight. However in the end he gave in, just like you will."

Theodore started laughing and Valt woke up.

This was the fifth night now Theodore had been torturing me when he went to bed and lately it had been getting worse.

Valt normally didn't have dreams, maybe one of him and his friends or of a vivid battle here or there but this was different.

Because this was Phi's doing, Theodore was ordering him to do this and in a sick twisted way he was enjoying it.

After combing out his hair Valt placed his signature headband on top and walked out of the room.

To his surprise, the hallways were eerily quiet but it was only 7:00 people usually liked to have breakfast at this time...

Walking down to the mess hall it too was also quiet and nobody was around.

Weird? Where was everyone?

After checking the dorms and the forest it seemed like everyone had disappeared. Almost like Theodore had something to do with it.

Valt's heart started pounding, and his thoughts were swirling around his head.

What if Theodore took them? What if I'm the last blader? What if they're all gone? Where would they have gone?

Then opening the doors to the gym everyone stopped what they were doing to look at Valt.

Bladers were in different sections around the gym while Sasha was onstage.

"Valt!"

"Sasha?! What's going on I thought you guys were...."

"Hey it's okay we're all fine, Valt but you on the other hand look like you haven't gotten a good night's rest in a while."

"Never mind that, what's going on in here?"

"Well everyone thought about what you said and we decided to train together. Shu and I spent the morning coming up with some exercises for the bladers. Each section of the gym the bladers do various exercises for five minutes until they switch stations."

"Wow that's a really good idea Sasha."

"Thanks Valt."

Sasha walked off telling everyone to take a break. It was nice seeing her take the lead this morning.

Walking to the other side of the gym was Lui, Drum, Aiger, and Shu.

"Hey guys."

"Valt! So what's the plan this morning? A three mile hike? 100 push-ups? Or what about..."

"Why don't we just let Valt tell us." Aiger said cutting Drum off.

"Well first I need to talk to all of you about something important. Have any of you been experiencing nightmares."

"No not lately." Drum said thinking.

"Maybe one or two but that's it, overall Phi's been in a lot of them." Aiger said.

Lui shook his head.

"Shu?"

Shu had been quiet off to the side and hadn't said anything all morning.

"Yes, both Phi and Theodore have been torturing me. Why what does this have to do with you?"

"Theodore has been doing the same, some nights it's Phi corrupting my resonance. Or Valtryek breaking. One night it was Red Eye."

Valt looked over at Shu.

"Mine haven't been that bad." Shu trailed off.

"What do you think it means?" Drum asked.

"Isn't it obvious? It means they're trying to get to us. They're trying to get to you." Lui pointed his finger right at Valt.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is Phi and Theodore are out for power. They want to take over the blading world and they need you to do it." Lui said to Drum.

"But why me? Because Valt you're the leader and you've defeated Theodore before." 

That silenced Valt.

"Now wait just a minute."

Outside of their group huddle stood Silas, Hyde, Vincent and Joshua all stood together crossing their arms while Joshua was giving an autograph to Honey.

Drum tried not to laugh.

"What do you guys want?" Valt asked.

"We want to be a part of your training. Those training exercises Sasha was making us do were too easy. We need a challenge." Silas explained.

"Actually guys we're kind of in the middle of something." Valt started to say.

"The only way for us to be Phi and Theodore is to get stronger. We aren't going to get any better if we aren't challenged." said Vincent.

"Also I need some new action scenes for my movie."

"Nobody cares!" Hyde yelled.

Hyde, Joshua, Silas and Vincent broke out into a huge argument.

"Guys come on!" Said Drum.

"Besides Valt you said it yourself we're down a couple of bladers." Silas said.

"You're right but this is exactly what Theodore and Phi want. They want us fight each other." Shu said stepping up.

"That's what I've been trying to say!" Lui screamed.

"Guys! We're supposed to be a team and I feel like we've been forgetting that lately. Everything used to be so simple back when it was just about having fun together. But now it's much more than that and I know it's hard for some of you especially me."

"He's right..." Drum said quietly.

"But that doesn't mean this can't be fun because that's what blading is all about. At the end of the day that's why we're here. Now I know things have gotten hard but working against each other isn't going to save our friends."

Valt smiled down at Drum. Everyone around the group was looking a little happier.

"Yeah! What could be worse than Theodore Glass?" Drum yelled.

Just then the doors to the gym slammed open revealing a figure in the doorway. Norman Tarver stood with a dull look on his face. Beside him was Ben and his crew along with Boa.

"You just had to say that didn't you Drum." Aiger said crossing his arms.