Ep 8: The Bakery

"Alright I think we've lost them."

Sasha, Hoji and Valt hid along the streets looking around for any corrupted bladers. Sasha was barely peeking around the corner while Valt and Hoji were behind.

"The coast is clear." Sasha dragged Hoji while Valt followed from behind.

The kids ran like ninja's, Valt was rolling and jumping all over the place trying hide behind various items. Hoji tried to mimic Valt but ended up falling over several times. Sasha walked like a normal person rolling her eyes.

As the group made their way to the Aoi Bakery, Valt almost felt angry. Everything outside the blading world was fine even some of his old friends like Jin and Naoki were probably going about their day like everything is normal.

But at the same time everything wasn't fine, it wasn't fine for Valt.

Walking into the bakery the scrumptious smell of croissants, cupcakes, cookies and other warm pastries filled the air. Just walking through the doors made Valt hungry.

It was nice being back home.

"Nika!"

No response.

"You guys wait here I'll look around."

Valt left Sasha and Hoji waiting in the bakery while he went to check the bedrooms. Valt could tell his mom was out making deliveries since the car was gone. So that just left Toko and Nika. Toko was currently...out of the house but Nika...

School had ended over an hour ago and she should be home by now..

"Valt!"

Valt sprinted downstairs to see Toko holding Nika while Fubuki had Sasha and Diago had Hoji.

"Give up Valt." Toko said.

"You can't win this time." Diago said

"So just give in, you couldn't even save me." Fubuki said.

Those words hurt badly but at the same time Valt knew this wasn't Fubuki. They way they spoke sounded like someone was speaking through them. Their voices seemed to echo overlapping with Phi's voice.
"Don't do it Valt."

"You're the only one who knows how to defeat a corrupted blader."

"We need you!"

At that moment time seemed to slow down. Valt had no clue what to do.

If he didn't give in, then Theodore would torture Sasha, Hoji and Nika. But if he did give in then they would be safe. They would still be able to save everyone.

Everyone including himself...

"Fine I surrender just let my friends go and leave them out of this."

"Valt No!"

As Valt walked closer Sasha started struggling.

"I will not be a bargaining chip!"

Sasha stepped on Fubuki's foot and he let go of her. She also freed Nika and Hoji and ran over to Valt.

As the three corrupted bladers were struggling Sasha saw something for a split second. Their dark energy seemed to break for a second before returning.

Almost like Phi's grip on them wasn't as tight as he thought...

"Let's go!"

Leaving the corrupted bladers behind the group sped away as fast as they could.

"Hear our words!" Toko yelled.

"This is far from over." Diago said.

"I will destroy everything and soon you'll only know despair and destruction. I'm done playing games." Fubuki finished.

The three walked off into the other direction laughing.

It was creepy but at the same time it worried Valt.

What exactly did he mean by "I'm done playing games?"

The group walked back to the bakery sitting down together in the living room.

"That was intense." Sasha said heavily breathing in and out.

"I wonder why they just left." Hoji said.

"Maybe he's not interested in Hoji or me?" Nika said.

"No."

Everyone turned to look at Valt who was looking out the window. He was watching for any other corrupted bladers or any other surprises.

"Phi's planning something." He said turning around.

"Right before they left they said "I'm done playing games."

"This has already been a battle. I've got a feeling this is going to get worse. Theodore has many resources up his sleeve and Phi and his power make him dangerous."

"So what do we do?"

Everyone was quiet.

"For now we sleep. Extra pillows, sheets, and blankets are in the closet upstairs."

"I'll sleep in my old room, Nika and Sasha can bunk together."

"And I guess I'll take the couch, I'll take the first shift of keeping lookout." Hoji said grabbing a blanket.

"Good idea."

Everyone broke away from the living room doing their own thing. Hoji curled up on the couch and started watching TV while everyone else went to bed.

Walking up the stairs Valt opened the door to his old bedroom.

The door creaked open slowly revealing a small messy room. His bed was in one corner with the sheets and blankets neatly made. That must've been the work of his mom. While the other half of his room was messy. Across the bed was his desk and bookshelf.

It was funny because Valt hadn't bothered to clean his room for 2 or 3 years.

The floor was littered with old shirts, crumbled up balls, a basketball and other various items. Just the way he left it.

It was funny how so little had changed, everything used to be so simple back then. Valt's biggest problem was just being on time for school.

But things had gotten complicated so much. Now it was Phi, Theodore and the corrupted blader army. How was Valt and a couple of his friends supposed to stop a whole army?

An army of corrupted friends and family. The last time Valt defeated Shu was hard but defeating a whole army? Valt would need an army of his own? But with so many bladers out of commission it only left a very small amount.

Crawling into bed Valt pulled the covers, it took awhile but eventually after tossing and turning he eventually fell asleep.

Hoji laid downstairs watching Tv, and about midnight he went upstairs and woke up Valt. Valt was never a morning person but he did eventually wake up.

After he was awake Hoji had fallen asleep. Checking on the girls they were asleep too.

Carefully sneaking his way downstairs, Valt took Hoji's place on the couch and started watching Yo Kai Watch. But he couldn't really get into it.

And eventually he fell asleep on the couch.