Chapter 25

Byun Baek... What are you doing right now?

Byun Baek... Are you thinking of me?

Byun Baek... Were those words true?

Byun Baek... I thought you didn't know I existed...

Byun Baek... What are you doing to my innocent heart?

Those words lingered in his mind for an hour now. He was currently in his bedroom, laid flatly on his favorite soft ash grey mattress, spaced out. He woke up a few hours ago, yet he hasn't thought of rising up from his bed. 

He sighed that felt like a hundredth time today. It's weird how he feels tremendously worried about a certain puppy who has been in his mind lately. Plus, he felt like a jerk for not even contacting him for four days now. He has been counting it too. 

For four days without text messaging nor calling him felt like his life was dull. It was similar to his life when he had never met Baekhyun in that alleyway. He knew his office mates were questioning his empty eyes and lifeless acts in his work. Even his secretary was worried, very worried.

This is fucking frustrating...

—MUIG—

I know it's too fast but will I regret this?

He did say he liked me... Right?

I really wished my ears aren't deceiving me...

Chanyeol kicked the stone in front of him as he went home. It was only 3 in the afternoon. He told his secretary he'll be leaving earlier than he usually would. He just hoped this immature situation of his would already be done. But how? He doesn't have any idea. If he did, it would have been cheesier than those romantic movies they've been watching... or maybe not. 

I could give it a try...

"Yeah... that's nice..."

Chanyeol stopped in his tracks as he noticed a flower shop across the street.

Keyword: try

The giant puckered his bottom lip at the mere thought. There is a 97 percent chance he would get Baek to say yes. The 3 percent? He doesn't know but he concludes it's his coward ass. 

As they say, it was a now or never situation.

If he didn't, well... he might be regretting it for the rest of his life.

Why do I always doubt...

—MUIG—

Baekhyun blew in his inner left cheek as he kept staring at his phone for the whole day, his face on a scowl. It was day 4 for them, which was hard... really hard. The others kept telling him not to frown anymore, he might get old sooner or later, which the latter takes seriously. 

Upon realizing its been hours since he stared at the phone, he flopped on his bed and sighed.

It's useless... he would never call me ever again. 

Feeling a painful pang in his chest he laid on his right and hugged his pillow, tightening his embrace each second. No tears were present, believing it's a sense of weakness if they fall. He brought up his knees, his arms still around the soft pillow he has. 

His phone rang. 

Startled, he immediately let go of the pillow and quickly sat up. Not bothering to read who was the caller, he pressed on the green button with his heart hammering against his ribcage. He didn't want to know whether it was Chanyeol whom he had been anticipating or some delivery he made awhile back.

"Hey..."

Baekhyun was a loss for words. He would have recognized that voice from anywhere.

"Umm, meet me at that uhh bubble shop we kept coming... yeah and umm I will uhh give you a-a good explanation... mhmm so uhh meet you there?"

Baekhyun giggled.

"Yeah, meet you there."

Then the line went dead. In silence, Bakehyun threw around his pillows. Jumping up and down on his bed, thrashing on it. He can't help but grin widely. Finally, he'd get to meet him once more, and damn how much he wanted to scold him at the line for making him dead after that amusement park incident. He wondered if he should thank Jimin or not. He gasped, they still haven't officially made up so that thought would be later. 

Not wanting to think so much, he quickly dressed up and went downstairs.

"Woah, where are you going?" Jongdae came out from the kitchen with a bag of popcorn in his hands.

"Out", he bluntly said and made a dash.

"I won't be out that long so don't give me that scary look, Dae", Baekhyun gave an awkward smile. Jongdae just nodded but wasn't so sure.

"Fine, take care."

"I will!" he went back inside and pecked Jongdae's cheek, surprising the latter. 

"Yah! You..." Jongdae sighed, yet a small beam went up to his lips.

"Something MUST have happened", Kyungsoo stated.

"I mean, true. Since he hasn't been out here for four days." Luhan said.

"Hmmm... Guys the movie", Minseok nonchalantly told them.

"Oh right, the popcorn's still hot. Let's go!" with that the four jogged towards the couch with their short legs and plopped on the sofa, watching yet another movie, Cinderella. The 1950 movie.

—MUIG—

to be continued...

SORRY LUVS BUT YEAH A CLIFFHANGER I KNOW 

next chapter is part 2 :DD

stay safe!

votes-comments