Chapter 33

A furious lady marched towards the lodgings of the gentle giant she had come attached with for the past few days. Chanyeol blinked upon her startling turmoil, her face scrunched up at utmost anguish from the earlier unexpected turn of events. She harshly threw her luxurious sling bag her mother provided for her on the couch in which tumbled off of the cushion and landed on the carpeted floor. She dropped her whole body on the sofa afterward and in resentment did her legs swung in the air. Chanyeol had to watch the questioning commotion she displayed.

Three well-built figures wearing tuxedos came in uninvited with three luggage for each which he guessed were from Byung-soon. They placed it near his shoe rack and bowed to express their polite gestures, Chanyeol did the same in return. They then departed from his flat, not forgetting to close the door before them after they went outside. The owner of the house nodded and shrugged off their kind tendencies, not wanting to involve in an already quizzing circumstance.

"Care to explain what the hell just happened?" he asked as he went towards a single armchair beside the large settee. Byung-soon groaned against the pillow in response, flailing her arms beside her in utter outrage. The giant didn't look too glad about her reaction.

"A nonsense topic that must never be said about."

"I can't help you with that if you don't explain now", he sternly said.

"Ugh", she brought her head up, attempting to take in air from staying on the cushion for too long. Thinking a reason to please the skeptical male, she stared into nothingness ahead of her, the objects blurring in her sight. 

"I'll just patiently wait", remarked Chanyeol as he pulled himself from the comfortable backrest and reaching out the hot tea he had prepared before Byung-soon had arrived in his quiet home. He swirled the teaspoon in the cup, watching the brew stirred in it. It may have been satisfying to watch while he took a sip and two, yet his obligation was to wait for the woman plopped on his prosperous divan for an explanation. 

"I have a sudden fiance, magic! Just like that, my dad had wanted to make me suffer even more than I currently am. Seriously, I'm getting married to someone I barely know? Sure I have seen him a few times in the past but damn it I don't want to spend the rest of my life with him!" Chanyeol lowly whirled the spoon, slowly stopping his actions and focus on the distressed maiden. He couldn't blame the poor girl, he would have been furious since he didn't like the person he would get married to.

"Do you have someone in mind right now?"

"Yes I do, and I feel so furious at the fact I promised him that I will be spending the rest of my time with him and him alone."

"Oh wow, I didn't know you are already taken."

"You're the first to know."

"I feel honored."

"Dramatic. Even Baek doesn't know that", Chanyeol shook his head from the statement. Byung-soon grumbled once more, taking Chanyeol's attention at her instead of his tea.

"How do I explain things to him now", she complained, bringing her legs up and dropping them, her face laid flatly on the cushion once again. Chanyeol finally took the cup and sipped the still warm drink. Anticipating yet another sudden outburst of the fuming woman. As of cue when she stopped her childish tantrum and looked up from the pillow, Chanyeol glanced at her.

"Oh right, now that I have my phone I can tell him right now-"

"I don't think that's a good idea right now, Byung."

"Isn't it much better to alarm them first rather than keeping it a secret for a decade or two?"

"It's unexpected, he might do something suddenly. Why didn't you tell them any sooner though when you were at the dinner table?"

"My dad doesn't need to know I'm in a relationship."

"Huh?"

"I meant, they never knew that I was in a relationship and I was hoping it would stay like that for a while. But this, this sudden proposal of marriage came and broke my future with him!"

"Don't tell me you were planning on eloping with him."

"Isn't it obvious?"

"How 'bout your fiancee? Does he have someone with him too?"

"I didn't ask..."

"But what do you think?"

"I'll be glad of course."

"Of course you would, hearing him having someone occupying his mind would ease you", sipping sounds were heard afterward, the giant's eyes not leaving the lady's frame, awaiting another protest to just how she's against this marriage. He inquired the plot as to why she didn't want to tell her parents she was in a relationship with someone who he has still to know. If he was in her shoes, he would have been as furious and mad as her. It was a forced marriage, something you will be in opposition to when you have someone you love.

"When will the wedding partake?"

"Next week", the tea abruptly came in his throat, causing him in a fit of cough. Slowly he brought the cup on the coffee table again, patting his tightened chest. 

"What the fuck?"

"What the fuck indeed."

"Isn't that too early?"

"I have no idea with my parents. After the wedding, I could then freely divorce with Jungkook."

"Jungkook? The heir of Jeon Corporation? He's the one you're getting married with?!"

"Yeah, you sound so surprised."

"That's because he's so young!"

"Young my ass, he looks older than me."

"No, his looks are deceiving. He's like 5 years younger than you!"

"... Can I laugh?"

"No", Byung-soon sighed and brought her hands to her cheeks, after a half-hour of laying on Chanyeol's cushiony couch she sat on it. Chanyeol stood up, went into the kitchen to reheat the smoking water in the kettle, and took the same design of teacup he used in the cupboard. Once the steam grew louder, the switch button flipped a signal that the water is now heated. Taking a teabag in another cabinet and a tablespoon of sugar, he placed them in the cup. He carefully took the kettle in his hand and poured a good amount of it before returning to the stressed woman. 

Byung-soon uttered a small thank you before taking the warm tea in her hands and sipping on it, loving the hotness encasing in her tongue.

"I'm buying the gown tomorrow. Will you join me?"

"I don't know why you still insist on doing something you're not up to, but whatever makes you comfortable then sure I'll come.

—MUIG—