Chapter 30

"What?"

"You have to persuade our daughter somehow. We are invited to Jeon's dinner this Friday. We can't bear to lose such opportunity."

"But you just want her to marry someone who she doesn't fully know!"

"And that's why we are having a formal meeting in their home. We must find her immediately."

-----

"What?"

"... Nothing."

Chanyeol nodded and turned his head back, resuming the meal in the steamed pot. Byung-soon had been staring at him for God knows when and it gave him the creeps. Her face was dead serious and it scares the hell out of him. She was never like this to him for the past two days. Something was off but he didn't suspect it any longer, knowing it isn't his business, si why bother?

But he seems familiar... Too familiar...

The woman thought. She had her head laid on her arms situated on the flat edge of the sofa, wondering where did she heard or saw him. She just got back in Korea after her eight years of staying in America just to study.

And to be away from my little brother.

Then it clicked. She remembered her younger brother talking about a particular tall guy. She averted her eyes at Chanyeol whose back is facing her. It was someone who he had been thinking of getting closer than just classmates doing group projects or helping with their homework. Someone who had always been his topic from sunrise to dawn. Someone who he wanted to be with in the future. Someone who always had been fluttering her brother's stomach.

Someone who he had been wanting to show just how much he likes him.

"Food is served?" Chanyeol questioned rather than stated, his hands occupied with two plates and the meal. Byung-soon nodded her head at the male and stood up from the cushion, wiping the nonexistent dirt on her lap then strode towards the small glass table. They sat and ate in peace, the clash of utensils were the only ones heard in the still apartment. Until the lady spoke.

"So you're Park Chanyeol?"

"Umm yes", Chanyeol nodded, oblivious where this is going.

"The very male with pink hair before?"

"Yeah I dyed my hair pink in my high-school days- Wait, how'd you know that?"

"Who was tall and walks clumsily?"

"Yes?"

"The guy who's friend looks feminine and beautiful but is a guy?"

Now that I think of it, I remembered he was in the hospital when I was confined.

"Yes? Seriously why are you asking these-"

"The guy who likes to laugh a lot during recess that makes my brother crazy?"

"Yes and wait you have a brother-"

"Oh my God, I had been with you for two days but I just put the pieces together now?! Dumbass!"

"Hey! Don't call yourself that."

"Where the hell is my brother when I needed him?!"

"Who in the world is your brother if I may ask?" he rose his voice a bit higher for the girl to hear. She brought her head back at Chanyeol and sighed.

"Bakehyun, Byun Baekhyun of Kaisoo High School."

"Wait I think my lungs were stolen", Chanyeol said.

-----

I still feel so guilty.

A certain man sat on one of the chairs by the balcony, eyeing the view it gives while he was there. He had been thinking nonstop about the incident two days ago. How he wishes to turn back time and say no to his father. Life is unfair to him most of the time. It was getting tiresome. He needed rest from this cruel world and to be with the one he likes.

No... I love him... That's more fitting.

He sighed, regretting to agree with the words of his father. He grabbed his ordered strawberry smoothie on the wooden table in front of him and gave a glance to his newly bought phone that his father gave him as he had forgotten to bring his when he was packing his luggage. The man groaned, remembering his mistakes.

The others must be worried of me. How dumb of you Byun Baekhyun.

Mr. Byun had called his son for some business related subject. Baekhyun told him he had other plans that day, but his father insisted on him going to America for some important files and signings. Baekhyun neglected once more, but suddenly a pitch black car drove in the dim streets. His father then told him a black car has arrived in front of his abode.

Realizing that the car he saw was maybe the one his father was talking about, he made a dash back and saw them about to get inside. He stopped the three bulk men and convinced them he will be the one to pack his stuffs and let them stay there to wait.

Noticing the lights were now off, the people in the house must've been fast asleep. Baekhyun quietly then went back inside his room and threw whatever clothing he knew were decent enough to wear. After doing so, he zipped the luggage in frustration and put it up, silently taking it out of the room, forgetting his phone in anger.

As he walked out of their little gate, one of the men took the bag from his hand and placed it in the bunker.

Chanyeol... I'm so sorry...

-----

HI HELLOW
WASSUP

sorry I was inactive for a month
That was mean of me
I kno :C

I'll try to update more often
Again like before

Leave a comment or two and
vote, thank you!

Would appreciate those, stay safe luv ya!!!