Chapter 48

--MUIG--

Oh hell.

Mr. Byun fucked up big time.

"So... Since when did you plan on this whole marriage contract thing?"

His daughter arched a brow towards her father, eyes piercing right at him. Mr. Byun momentarily took a glimpse of her as she was eyeing the pieces of papers she has in her hands. He didn't know how to break it to her. If he did lie, he would have to suck it up and live on with that guilt. Plus, he doesn't want to live his remaining days with a bad-tempered wife. It was a traumatic experience.

"Cat got your tongue?"

Byun-soon asked again while her eyes were still on the documents, scanning the rest of the sheet. Her father quietly clicked his tongue, hesitant whether he should speak up or shut up about the documents and quietly throw them away. But what was stopping him from saying the truth?

That's right, it's the fact that it's the Park's son is on the paper. His arch-nemesis.

"Well..." Mrs. Byun stammered, staving off anywhere but her daughter.

"'Well'?" their daughter repeated. Byun-soon wouldn't allow her father to slip from her finger yet again and set him free from the hole he started (her mother included). She glared at the two after switching her gaze from those stuff in her hands. She watched as her mother jerked on her seat, feeling rather uncomfortable under her stare while her father stared opposite from her mother.

"I swear to God this isn't a difficult question."

"You always say that almost to everything, Byun...", Mrs. Byun muttered under her breathe, her lips puckered, complaining about her daughter's actions. Byun-soon scoffed. She could still joke right now when they're still in the middle of their conversation. And that conversation is all about his little brother's marriage.

"I mean you ship them, right?" her mom squeaked. Byun-soon was taken aback. Damn it, they got the upper hand again, she won't let them! Not today.

"Well, yeah, but that's beside the point! I'm talking about why the hell are they supposed to get married?"

"Your father planned that for the extension of the company."

"Business addict."

"Anyways, so he thought of emerging the PRK Ind. and B2B Apparel Industry. He thought it was his last bet."

"It was a thought", Mr. Byun cleared for his daughter.

"Yeah... A fucking cool thought!"

Mr. Byun and Mrs. Byun jumped on their seats (poor sofa) at their daughter's sudden outburst. Who in their right mind would think of this as something she had won in a Lotte? Cool thought? Mr. Byun still has yet to know his only daughter.

His only daughter he had been thinking of taking away from the family.

"Byun-soon, language!"

"Ehh, don't deny. You also wanted it!"

"Byun... Well... That's... Of course, I do!"

Byun-soon laughed when her mother was shifting uncomfortably on the sofa. She seriously likes the ship as well, so why deny it right? Plus, she's Byun-soon, the notorious fujoshi in her high school days (and up until now, but she isn't that bad unlike her old days). Life was fun back then.