Chapter 23

... It can't be...

"I-I'm so sorry for lying... If that even has to do with you", Baekhyun bitterly laughed.

Baek, you don't know how much that affects me.

He stared at those sad eyes glimmering in the night light, reflecting the whole euphoric destination they have come for.

Baekhyun felt terribly horrible, if you can make it even worse than what he said, that would definitely describe how he feels right now. It felt as if the whole plot he made up is eating him up whole and wanting to make him even guiltier than he is. It was as if this scenario isn't even adding up from the start.

This wasn't what Baekhyun hoped to end.

The ride back home was never this quiet... It was usually Baekhyun singing his lungs out and him joining along. They usually stargaze on the lonely road, high mountains in between them. Baekhyun would point out the wrong constellation which Chanyeol would laugh at. Baekhyun would pull out jokes that would sometimes almost get in a car crash. A not so anticipating part of the story. 

It was usually Baekhyun here and there and everywhere.

Now a grieved suffocating silence enthusiastically engulfs them, causing the latter to shiver from this eerie quietness. Not even classical music could ease this thick tension.

Oh, how Chanyeol wants to get over this.

—MUIG—

The fuck was that?

Both boys cursed. The puppy latter left the Yoda's Mercedes Benz awhile ago, whilst the giant is still outside Baekhyun's house, his head laid on the stirring wheel. This- what is currently happening right now- is quite dramatic. And Chanyeol thought so too. He cringed but what must he do? Those feelings he thought he had already buried in the depths of his heart resurfaced once again. Those butterfli- wait caterpillars was it? Yeah, caterpillars. Those things were once again creeping in his stomach sending him tingles.

He has no need to contemplate who's Baekhyun now. He is the Baekhyun he knew, the Baekhyun who sang so beautifully like the cool breeze in the summer fields in their high school and in their recent carpools, the Baekhyun who smiles so genuinely that he had failed to notice before he liked him. The Baekhyun whom he has always talked about with Jimin. The Baekhyun who loves nothing but be a service to others. 

Damnit... go back to the house now, will you?

"This wasn't supposed to be complicating...", he grumbled. And with that, he went off. Baekhyun intently watched him drive from his bedroom window, his chin resting on his knees, eyes hollow.

—MUIG—

*wink*

:3

stay safe!

votes-comments