Chapter 22

"... But I can't like a guy anymore."

Jimin stared at him intently with bulging eyes, his mouth gaping. He couldn't believe his ears. Seriously, this hyung? Can't like a guy anymore? Confusing! He felt his blood boil at the words his friend said, and he knew why.

"Bullshit hyung! Just plain bullshit. Who influenced you this time to forget someone you loved deeply? Huh? Let me smack the fuck outta 'em", the small latter stood, and in an attempt to look intimidating he rolled up his sleeves with his face burning red from frustration. Chanyeol clumsily pulled the smaller's shirt's hem from behind, his face etching with fear. Jimin huffed when he felt his shirt getting pulled and punched the air, his anger rising to its limit. Oh how much he wanted to shout in frustration because of how dumb his friend may sometimes be. 

He huffed, his chest heaving up and down. He mustered all his strength not to burst here, seeing the stars' entrance. It meant one thing, more people are starting to come to this amusement park. Chanyeol shivered, his breath shaky. Finally, Jimin sat back down again and re-think this situation his hyung is in.

"... Hyung, you know what's the greatest regret you'll ever feel?" he blurted.

"..."

Jimin laughed dryly as he stared at the night sky, eyes shimmering.

"... When you already have him, yet you lose him once more."

"... He's already in your hands but you let him get away again."

Chanyeol looked down, biting his lower lip. He didn't want to be such a disappointment for his family. He wanted to be looked up to by his younger brother. He strived to be a role model for Sehun, a long-time goal he had been aiming for. He knew he had accomplished it, but he felt as if it's still not enough. But he doesn't know what to do with his love life. The only problem he has right now. Love... A complicating word. Love... A pool with so many emotions. Love... Damnit, you're such a pain in the ass. 

Chanyeol wanted to curse at love for making him feel this way. He was supposed to love a girl, not a guy. His head pounded at him stamping those words at him over and over again, yet his heart... His heart refuses to believe such a thing. His heart has already decided whom to pound to. Nothing will ever make it change its mind. However, Chanyeol is blinded by the words of his head to even notice whom his heart wants to be with for the rest of its life.

Jimin's words must've hit him so hard through his thick-headed skull of his. He gulped, things aren't just meant to be for him. He prayed things aren't going bad-

"Shit", someone quietly mumbled a curse behind them. Chanyeol was startled but looked up, looking through a pair of shimmering small eyes that belonged to one person. Baekhyun. Jimin didn't even show any signs of shock or guilt. Who was he to even feel guilty anyway?

"Baek..."

"U-uhh was I disturbing s-something?" noticing from his shaky breath and constant stutterings, Chanyeol felt desolated. Assuming from those sad eyes, he must have heard the conversation not too long ago. Namjoon came later. Perceiving the thick atmosphere around the three males, he noted he will have to ask his lover later after they eat.

—MUIG—

"What did you tell him?"

"Who?"

"Chanyeol."

"Ahh... I shot him an arrow of bluntness", Namjoon sighed. His boyfriend is really impatient with this kind of stuff. No matter how much he reprimands this and tells him to stop, he wouldn't. Sometimes he doubts how he got himself to love a stubborn person like him.