Chapter 15

—MUIG—

Baekhyun sat upright, mustering up all the courage he has before Luhan arrives and probably preparing his gears with him before a sudden war might outbreak between them. He was anticipating his employee's reaction if he told him the truth. He felt very jerky on his sit which he always assume is a bad sign. In moments when he felt jumpy, he already knew something wrong would come up. 

Minutes later, the bell rang, indicating someone came. Baekhyun took a peek and saw Luhan, not Luna. The puppy was confused. Later there would be work so the outfit of Luhan left him bewildered. Nonetheless, he figured the latter might tell him why is he in his "boy clothes".

As Luhan entered he searched where his boss would be. Seeing a rather upright hair behind a designed wall, he figured it's Baekhyun. He tried not to laugh at the erected strands of hair that was stiffened, looking like a small plant.

Luhan greeted him before taking the seat opposite of Baekhyun. Baekhyun's eyes blinking and searching the room which he has already memorized. He felt very nervous and thinking of the words he must ask.

"Umm, we'll start with the introduction... Like we did when we weren't a boss and employee", stammered Baekhyun as he eyed the pretty human. Luhan nodded tensely.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun.,. The jackass of Kaisoo High... Well, that's what they usually called me but I'm not! Also, do you believe them when they said that?" Baekhyun looked at Luhan who shook his head side to side. The puppy was relieved that Luhan never believed in those rumors.

"Anyway, you know me, and I know that very well", Luhan gave him a strained smile, nervously chuckled as he remembered the times when he would join his friends to badmouth this innocent popular kid.

"Now your turn", chirped Baekhyun.

"Umm, I'm Lu Han umm the famous giant nerd's best friend. And uhh since it's been a long time ago, he is one of those people who uhh someone who secretly admires you."

Baekhyun's ears perked up upon hearing that. He even questioned why'd Luhan needed to add that kind of information but at the same time very thankful that he said so. Do I have a chance? Will he be mine? Am I going to be with him in the future? Does he still like me though?? Those thoughts lingered in his petty little head. His eyes showed high hopes and love hearts that anyone would recognize as someone whipped. However, the person opposite him seems to be focusing on other kinds of stuff.

Time passed and neither of them said a word. After the little get to know each other they did, not a soul uttered any words. Baekhyun felt suffocating by the eerie silence that engulfed both of them. Luhan on the other hand wanted his boss to set him off already because of the weird tension between them. Finally, Baekhyun felt it was enough and he has to be the one who would break the ice. 

 "Okay, it's fucking 7 in the morning and I called you for what? For a lame introduction? Ugh! This is fucking hilarious. My stomach is even aching from how comical this is. Ha, ha, ha", Bakhyun clutched onto his stomach and let out dry chuckles. Luhan gave an uneasy smile, pretending to laugh as well. Baekhyun rubbed his face with his palms and showed a frustrated expression. This wasn't what he had in mind when he thought of talking with the latter.

"Ermm, how bout we go-"

"Shopping?!" Baekhyun's eyes lit up of mentioning the activity. However, to be truly honest, he indeed intended to want to go shopping.

"I was about to say window shopping, but I guess that works as well?" Luhan mumbled quietly.

Baekhyun stood up and fished his phone from his pocket, calling a certain person that he knows would curse at him once he answers his call.