Chapter 4

SideNote:

Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy fans, especially those who love Axel from Organization XII, this chapter is for you~!! *^^*

-----------------------------------------

The police officer finally let Yami and Yugi go, and the two of them joined a group of firefighters in trying to get Jaden out, for he was the only one left inside.

"Whoa!" One of the chief firefighters stepped in front of the two, "Where do you think you're going?"

Yami put his hands on his hips, clearly angered.

"We need to get in there to save our patient." He said, slightly glaring.

"Well, sorry buddy. But you're not going anywhere." The chief shook his head, "It's too dangerous."

Yami and Yugi stopped.

"Why the hell not?" Yami eyed him.

Yugi gripped his hand.

"He's right, Mou Hitori." Yugi muttered to him.

The chief smiled, friendly.

"Listen to the young man." He said, "You two don't have the equipment to go in and come right back out. We'll go in and get him and then bring him back out to you two."

Yami stopped, looking back at Yugi. Yugi nodded, telling him to waiting and then receiving a nod of approval from the chief himself before he turned.

"Good men." He said, putting on his mask and running in after a few words to his team.

Yami and Yugi simply stood there, tense as all get out. They had just getting settled down with everything and then they are thrown into a huge disaster such as this one. Yami is in the hospital, dying almost, comes back, everything is happy and then BAM.

Jaden, the closest patient they had, gets into an accident like this one.

Did life ever leave anyone alone?

How about give them a break and give them a time when everyone is okay and well and no one is in ICUs and are dying?

Guess not.

Yami and Yugi watched intensely as the firefighters entered the burning building.

-------

The team ran through the flames, glancing this way and that.

"Where is he?!" The chief demanded.

"Calm your shit, Axel!" A gruff voice replied.

"How can I, Xigbar?!" The chief returned.

The team dashed through the flames, looking for anything to give them pointers on where the boy they were looking for was.

"Hey!!!" They looked into a classroom, being greeted with piles of debris and such having to kick down the door just to get in.

"Hello!!!!" The same person repeated, "Answer Demy if you hear him!!!!"

Axel stepped past the other one and walked in, running over to a body in the corner, lying in a heap on the floor in the flames and covered all over with burns. Axel stooped low and picked him up.

"FOUND HIM!!" He called back, shielding the body from the flames as he ran back.

The third, named Demyx but called Demy, held the door open for him and let him through. The team met back up with Axel in the middle, covering the body securely with his equipment.