Chapter 10

SideNote:

The scene at the concert is a scene of an upcoming series that will be linked with this one. It WILL be about Team Satisfaction and will take place at the same time of In Safe Hands.

I just wanted to put that out there. This scene might be included in the upcoming series, called "Satisfy You".

Song is called "No Time To Waste" (WildStylez) and is a personal favorite!

---------------------------------------

"Ha!! I get it!!!"

Yami laughed at the jokes that he was told, getting how they were indeed all linked together like a long and interesting chain. Yugi grinned, watching him.

And finally, his laughter subsided.

"So, you wore some nice clothes?" Yami asked, standing from where he sat.

"Well...what I managed to get on after that late wake up call..." Yugi muttered, half to himself and half to Yami.

Yami chuckled, taking Yugi's hand and pulling him to his feet. He turned into the kitchen, taking a cup from out of the cabinet and filling it with ice and water.

"Why, are we going somewhere?" Yugi asked, watching Yami drink the water all up.

"As a matter of fact..." Yami looked at him, smiling and wiping the water at the top of his lip off with a napkin he kept nearby, "Yes. We are."

Yugi's eyes widened and he raised his eyebrows.

"Really?" He questioned, "Where are we going?"

Yami smirked, sliding two slips of paper over to Yugi, who stood across the counter from him. Yugi's eyes widened more as he took the paper into his hands.

"Team Satisfaction comes to Japan every year to host an event they call Defqon 1." Yami grinned widely, "And this concert is to celebrate the band's 20th anniversary of their 50 year contract. It's supposed to be a big deal, and I got close up seats to the show."

"Whoa!!!" Yugi beamed, hugging Yami once he set his glass down on the counter of the table, "That is AWESOME!!! You got even better seats than I was able to get you for your birthday last year~!"

It was true. Yami got orchestra seats, only about four rows away from the stage itself. Yugi was one of the last people to buy tickets, landing seats in the balcony, but only about, say, 5 rows from the balcony ledge.

Yami chuckled at Yugi's actions and hugged him back.

"Well, we've been engaged for weeks now, and we don't do anything together but work. I was thinking it was time we did something to celebrate other than hugging in the rain." Yami beamed in return.

Yugi looked at the time which was displayed on the oven just a few paces from where they stood.

"Say, when does the concert start?" Yugi asked, looking at the time, which was six.

"6:30." Yami replied, turning and grabbing the tickets, "Time to go!"

Yugi looked at him and smiled.

"I was just about to say that!" He laughed, tagging after Yami as they went through the door and they got into the car, heading straight to the concert building.

-------

15 minutes later, Yami and Yugi arrived at the concert. They sat in their seats and excitedly waited. Yami seemed especially childlike, anxiously waiting for the show to begin.

There wasn't much on the stage...yet. It was just a tall DJ station with a set of drums in front of it. There was a dome over the stage that looking to be some sort of retractable deal.

It looked kind of bland, but the signs on either side of the stage made up for it. They had funny messages gliding across the screen that amused everyone who waited.

Until the lights dimmed.

Everyone roared with applause. Especially Yami. Which made Yugi laugh and made the entire deal funner.

Then, a screen behind a wall of glass that was designed to look like everything else did slid up and a clock hung still, hanging from a locket that led up and off the lighted area. A silhouette stepped out and seemed to turn the dial behind it, cranking up the clock and making the hands move until they were both on the twelve.

The shadowed person stood back, expecting something to happen.

Five seconds went by, and nothing happened. The person kicked the clock, gaining a bit of laughter from the audience.

Still nothing happened.

The silhouette crossed his arms and pouted, turning to the audience and sighing. He shrugged, holding his arms out as he did so.

He finally walked away, the inside of the clock lighting up, the numbers black against the light. The clock began to sway back and forth, gaining speed as time went on. Then the second hand sped around and around, taking both the hour and minute hands with it.

A loud bass sounded, playing a repeating beat that seemed to rattle the speakers on the stage on either side of the DJ station that remained dark. In the background of it, the ticking of a clock could be heard.

Behind that, what sounded to be some rhythmic flapping noise.

After a certain erratic beat sounded, the stage lights jerked to the DJ station, and behind the station stood a young man.

He wore a mask that covered the top of his face and resembled what looked to be a Raven. The beak hung over his nose and extended to be however long a Raven's beak is (because I don't know how long).

Everyone applauded wildly.

The DJ raises both of his gloved hands, smirking and with a few more erratic beats, the bass stopped. The ticking of the clock rang out and on either side, more screens rose to reveal lighted walls all around the seats.

Then, a melody could be slightly heard as two silhouettes appeared on either side of the stage and everyone cheered even louder, jumping up. Across both walls on either side of the orchestra and the balcony there were lines that vibrated with the beat of the melody that slowly got louder and louder.

Then a deep male voice boomed over the speakers, the lines beating to his voice.

You know what time it is.

It's time...

...for Defqon 1.

There was a pause as the music played. Then the voice returned, all the lights going out with only the lines illuminated the darkness.

Waste Your Time.

Then, the lights brightened once more with a few strobe lights rising up from the stage. The two members of the Team Satisfaction duo walked out, clapping to the beat.

Everyone followed there actions, jumping up and down to the beat. The DJ smiled slightly, also doing the same as they were, but controlling the beats and the sounds of the music.

The one with black and yellow hair beamed and gestured to the DJ.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!!!!!" He announced, "Please welcome...THE RAVEN!!!!"

Everyone burst into cheers once more.

Yugi and Yami exchanged glances, both them laughing as they danced together. At their own concert.

And not one in an office building.