Chapter 28

Mana sighed, looking out the window from the emergency ward as the night continued to stretch out over the hospital.

The moon glowed in the black abyss and she watched the tree sway gently in the breeze.

It was nights like this that Mana liked to be alone. She loved watching the silence outside and imagining her at home at this time. Usually with Mahad.

The two of them would be out on the grass, looking up at the gleaming stars that showed like diamonds on a pure black purse.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the ringing of the phone. She turned and ran over, quickly picking up the phone.

"Domino City Emergency Care and Emergency Room Center." She said, pulling out a pad and a pencil as she held the phone between the side of her head and her shoulder, "How may I help you today?"

"P-Please! Send an ambulance!" Said a voice on the other side, a woman's voice. She seemed extremely choked up and chattering of other people could be heard from all around her.

Mana straightened up, raising an eyebrow. This definitely wasn't good.

"Okay, state the situation, please." She said into the phone, "What's your name?"

"A-Akiza Izinski..." She sniffed, hiccuping, "M-My friend...Y-Yusei has gotten in a m-motorbike accident and he...he needs help!!"

Mana nodded, writing on the pad.

"What is his full name?"

"Y-Yusei Fudo..."

Her eyes widened at that name. She knew exactly who he was. It was hard to find anyone who didn't know the name in Domino.

She shifted the phone and held it firmly.

"What's his status and location?" She asked, feeling a stronger sense of urgency than what she usually had.

"H-He is unconscious....unresponsive....we think he has a broken arm and leg...and he...he can't breathe!" Akiza said on the other line, clearly on the verge of tears, 'We...We are on main street! P-Please! Come help us!"

Mana nodded and finished writing stuff on the pad.

"How long has he been out?"

"F-Five minutes..."

"Okay. Just stay by him and keep safe. Police and Paramedics are being paged." Mana said, straightening up again and turning to where she was to hang up the phone, "We'll be there in about ten minutes. Hang in there."

"R-Right." Akiza sniffed, hanging up.

Mana did the same and turned, "Mahad!"

A tall, tan man turned and his eyes fell on Mana. He walked quickly over and took a look at the pad of notes she had taken. His eyes almost popped out when he saw the name.

"Y-Yusei Fudo???" He gasped, "THE Team Satisfaction Yusei Fudo?!"

Mana nodded, handing him the notes she had taken.

"Yes. Now get the paramedics on an ambulance and get them to the scene. I was just on with one of his friends and she said he has several broken bones, but by the urgency in her voice and the chatter I could hear all around her, it's far worse than that." Mana replied, walking quickly to where Yugi was, "I'll get Yugi. His team is doing the operation tonight."

Mahad watched her go and nodded at her, turning and calling for the paramedics he worked with. Mana went up the elevator, going to the one place she knew Yugi was in.