Chapter 9

The next morning, Yugi was awoken by his phone ringing. He jumped in his sleep, suddenly remembering that today was his day off.

"H-Hello?" Yugi yawned, sitting up and picking up his phone, "M-Motou Residence...Y-yugi speaking."

"Yugi, are you seriously still sleeping?" Yugi heard the other person on the other line say, laughter in his voice.

That voice was one that Yugi, regardless if it was on the phone or in actuality, could recognize immediately. Yugi straightened up, his sleep still in his eyes and his eyes still very sleepy.

He yawned again.

"W-What? No...I've been awake...just...letting my eyes rest..." He stammered, his voice heavy with sleep.

"Okay, Yugi." The voice replied, chuckling, "But how long were you planning on sleeping in?"

"At the most..." Yugi rubbed his eyes, "Until...9..?"

"But Aibou...it's 2." Yugi heard his Mou Hitori laugh on the other side as his own face went a crimson red.

"W-What???" Yugi gasped, his eyes widening, "2?? In the afternoon????"

"Well, I wouldn't be calling you at 2 in the morning, now would I?" Yami's laughter faded.

Yugi shook his head, confused. He had always known his Mou Hitori for his jokes and his mischievous sense of humor, so Yugi stretched his arms and swung his feet over the side of his bed, peering at the clock on his bedside table.

"Whoa...." He gasped, "It really IS 2 in the afternoon!!!"

Yami laughed again, his laughter now making Yugi smile. Yugi had always figured that Yami's laughter was always key to making his day. it always did. It never failed.

"S-So..." Yugi coughed, smoothing out his messy and knotted hair, "W-Why did you call?"

Yami stopped his laughter abruptly, coughing. Yugi felt himself go red from embarrassment once more. He had truly planned for 9 to be his waking time. But instead, he slept through breakfast AND lunch.

He knew he shouldn't have stayed up until 2:30 in the morning just trying to sort out papers and take note of all the patients he would have to tend to when he returned to the hospital after his day off.

"Well, I was wondering if my fiancé would have liked to come over for dinner~?" Yami replied, grinning.

Yugi finally swallowed all of his embarrassment and smoothed out his knotted hair again, attempting to take care of all the tangles. He stood and put the phone on speaker phone as he walked into the bathroom for his shower.

"I would love to, Mou Hitori~!" Yugi beamed, "What time should I be there?"

"Well, I'll give you some time to get dressed, to eat and such, but I would like for you to get here at about 5:30!" He heard Yami reply as he stripped himself of his shirt, exposing his slightly built midriff and listening to the details of the phone call, "And be sure to wear something comfortable and a little nice, but not too nice."

Yugi raised his eyebrows at this and eyed the phone. But his slight confusion was quickly covered when Yami returned and replied, "I am planning on taking you out tonight."

Yugi grinned and nodded his approval, walking for the shower and turning it on.

"Well, be expecting me at 5:30 then in a nice outfit ready for anything~!" Yugi laughed, "I'll see you then!"

"See you, Yugi!" Yami returned right before he and Yugi both hung up on each other, ending their conversation.

Yugi turned to the shower once more, putting his hand under the water to make sure it was warming up. And it was. He looked out the window to the bathroom, over looking the back of his apartment complex.