Chapter 37

Yugi woke up the next morning following his conversation with Atem that they had on the phone that night before. He and Yami could not wait until they were on that trip.

The feeling of excitement was so strong, even Vivian could feel it!

Yami couldn't wait to hit all the sights. He heard Italy as a whole was one of the most beautiful places one could go to.

Yugi was excited to see all of his highschool friends again. It had been so long, and with his new hectic and busy schedule, he hadn't been able to update with them too often.

He hoped they were alright. He was sure they were, but that feeling of worry was always there. It was something that just kinda developed since he began worrying about all of his patients he tended to on a daily basis.

Thank god today was a day that both he and Yami took off. Or else, they wouldn't be able to go!

The morning started off with a ton of dog kisses from an excited Puppy and Yugi laughed, sitting up and cuddling the dog close. Yami had only just woken up with the dog, right beside Yugi.

"Aw, Vivy~!" Yugi laughed, hugging her tightly, "Good morning!"

"Too bad Vivian can't come to Italy and Rome with us..." Yami playfully poked, sticking out his bottom lip and crossing his arm like a 6 year old.

"Yeah, but sadly they have a strict 'no pet policy' on the plane and in the airport." Yugi giggled, pressing gently against Yami.

"Oh well." Yami ruffled his puppy's ears, Vivian barking happily in response.

Yami grinned.

"So, would my lovely lord like some lovely breakfast?" He laughed.

Yugi nodded, getting out of bed and stretching, yawning as he did so.

"I certainly would!" He giggled.

---

"2 bathing suits for each of us...8 shirts...8 pairs of pants...do you think we'll need shorts?"

Yugi paced the bedroom, marking various items as they packed. It was noon and the air port was a minimum of 2 hours away, giving them only 4 hours to get what they needed to done.

"Probably. But not too many pairs. It can get chilly in the winter." Yami motioned to the long sleeves he wore, "But just to be safe, we can pack them."

Yugi nodded and checked those off the list as well.

"2 pairs of shorts." He said.

Yami walked into the closet and grabbed 2 pairs of shorts for the both of them.

Vivian scampered beside him, going between his feet and running excitedly around. She always made Yugi smile with the way she was never let down about anything at any time. It inspired him in a way. She was always happy.

If a dog can be happy, it can't be too hard for a person to be happy, right?

Yami chuckled and playfully nudged her with his foot and she rolled over, barking happily in response.

"Silly girl!" Yami laughed, walking back out with the shorts he needed and folding them neatly to put in their giant suitcase.

Yugi grinned slightly and looked back down at the clip board and checked the shorts off the list and went on down the line.

"Now, do you want to bring any jewelry or anything with you on the trip? Because I won't mind packing it, but all I'm really gonna worry about are these engagement rings."