Chapter 21

Yami and Yugi walked for the door once the child had left and they chuckled together as they went to their cars. They paused right before stepping on the concrete and hugged each other once more.

Just like they did after Yugi's first surgery day was over.

They got into conversation once more.

Just like they did after Yugi's first surgery day was over.

And they finished it all off with a hug.

Just like they did after Yugi's first surgery day was over.

"Thanks again, Yami..." Yugi whispered into his Mou Hitori's ear, smiling ever so slightly.

Yami kissed his cheek gently and grinned.

"Anything for the best person to ever come into my life." He smiled lovingly, separating from Yugi.

Yugi felt his cheek go a slight red color as soon as he heard that and he looked down slightly.

"...Yugi..." Yami went on, "About that offer to come to my house to move in...was it too much?"

Yugi perked up and eyed Yami. Yami looked at him with a sincere look. Yugi shook his head rapidly in denial.

"No! No, of course not!" Yugi returned, gripping his hands, "It just caught me off guard and I was too stunned by the question to answer quickly."

Yami looked away, his gaze downcast with shame. He should have known that it was too much to ask of him on such short notice.

Yugi reached over and lifted his chin so that Yami's crimson gaze could meet his own.

"Mou Hitori?" Yugi grinned gently, "I would love to move in. I have my answer."

Yami's eyes widened and he clutched Yugi in a hug, twirling around and laughing with slight relief. Yugi tucked his head under Yami's chin and beamed.

"Oh Yugi..." Yami said, his laughter fading, "You have no idea what this means to me..."

Yugi gently kissed him and pulled away, grinning.

"Well then...let's not keep our new home waiting."

---

"You brought your swimsuit, right?" Yami's voice rang from down the hall.

Yugi poked his head out of the doorway to his room and tilted it. He pretended not to have any idea about what Yami was getting at.

Of course he knew, but he wanted to amuse him.

"Uh...no?" Yugi lied to him, grinning, "Why?"

Yami wasn't looking at him, instead helping carry bags up while Yugi unpacked.

"Aw, what??" Yami whined slightly, chuckling under his breath as he did so, "With all these boxes and bags, you don't have a bathing suit???"

Yugi shrugged, pulling his pants up a bit to conceal the bathing trunks underneath. He sighed.

"I guess I forgot all about your pool, Yami." Yugi smirked.

Yami put down the clothes, his eyes wide.

"But Yugi! How could you have forgotten?" Yami pretended to be like one of those dram girls who just went through a bad breakup. He threw himself onto the bed and pretended to cry into the sheets, "We only had our very first kiss there! Under the stars! Behind that waterfall! How could you forget?"

Yugi chuckled, shaking his head slowly and sitting down next to him as Yami cried into the pillows and Yugi patted his back, smiling slightly.

"I'm sorry...but I could go swimming in my regular clothes tonight." Yugi laughed.